Test Engineer - Autonomous Vehicles
Company: CTR Corporation
Location: Newport News
Posted on: November 17, 2021
TEST ENGINEER - AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES POSITION w. Excellent
Benefits INDUSTRY: MANUFACTURING R&D LOCATION: NEWPORT NEWS, VA
SUMMARY: Assist in testing components and systems for use in
autonomous vehicles. Report the test results and assist with the
planning and designing of tests. The focus will be on autonomous
- Work with Engineers and Technicians performing tests on heavy
equipment and systems.
- Read and interpret maintenance and operating manuals, drawings,
schematics, and engineering reports.
- Write technical report to summarize the test results
- Utilize data analysis software to verify data integrity during
testing Job Requirements:REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates degree in an Engineering related field, and 3 years
of experience OR 6 years of progressive related engineering
experience, OR equivalent combination. Preferred: Bachelor---s
degree in mechanical engineering or related field and 3 years of
- Recent graduates with Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering and
experience with self-powered vehicle and autonomous driving of the
vehicle will be considered. (Participants in Baja SAE, Auto Drive
Challenge, Formula Hybrid, Formula SAE, Formula SAE Electric highly
- Knowledge of 3D drafting tools or Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
or drafting equipment/software.
- Experience with Pro-E or 3D CAD software preferred
- Knowledge of FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
- Knowledge of analysis techniques required for testing noise,
vibration, and metal fatigue.
- Knowledge of technical principles involving heavy equipment
operation and control
- Knowledge of basic electrical and computer concepts to conduct
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance manuals, and engineering test
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra,
calculus, and fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry
- Travel may be required up to 30% at the request of client.
- Must possess and maintain valid driver---s license
- Must have or have the ability to obtain a passport. Preferred:
- Experience developing or testing autonomous vehicles, ideally
with off high way equipment.
- Experience using steering robots, high precision inertial GPS
units, inflatable vehicle targets, pedestrian dummies and
Autonomous Driving Test Equipment.
- Experience using data acquisition equipment, perception sensors
such as LIDAR, Radar stereo vision and Inertial GPS systems.
- Experience operating, testing, and troubleshooting autonomous
heavy equipment highly desired EOE M/F
Keywords: CTR Corporation, Newport News , Test Engineer - Autonomous Vehicles, Engineering , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!