Marine Chief Engineer - 099
Company: US Facilities Inc
Posted on: June 18, 2022
The Jamestown Scotland Ferry is seeking a person in joining our
team who can serve as a Marine/Maritime Ferry Chief Engineer
operating and monitoring main engine and auxiliary machinery on
ferry vessels to ensure the safety of passengers, crew, and
property. This is a full-time position and can work from the
Jamestown or Surry side of the river. Duties:
- Vessel Machinery Management - Perform minor repairs to all
systems. Keep Captain informed of any deficiencies.
- Operate all machinery according to USCG and VDOT regulations
and policies and recognized engineering practices.
- Perform all required drills and crew training. Maintain vessel
readiness for USCG inspections.
- Record-Keeping - Ensure accurate fuel readings are taken and
recorded at the start of each day. Maintain ship's engineering log
with all pertinent information. Maintain records of machinery usage
and readings for the maintenance department. Maintain and submit
all other records and reports on schedule.
- Vessel Security and Emergency Response - Be alert to security
violations and suspicious behavior during shift. Respond
appropriately to emergency situations. Ensure engine room security
doors are closed and secured at all times, as well as other
non-passenger access compartments. Report all violations.
- Passenger Management - Provide information and assistance.
Resolve issues with passengers in a professional manner.
- VDOT is an emergency response agency and this position is the
core of this requirement, therefore you will work outside of normal
work hours during emergency operations.
- Any other duties assigned by a supervisor and USF Project
- Knowledge and ability to operate and monitor main engines and
auxiliary machinery on ferry vessels.
- Familiarity and experience with vessels of at least 200 feet /
- Knowledge of United States Coast Guard regulations governing
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to diagnose and repair primary and ancillary systems on
- Ability to read and interpret gauges, schematics, and manuals.
Ability to complete and maintain records and reports.
- Must hold a minimum of MMC-endorsed as a "Chief Engineer" of
motor vessels of at least 3000 H.P.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Skill in the use of hand and power tools.Preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in the above qualifications
- Coast Guard Engineering Credential
- Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Obtain and Maintain 1st Aid and CPR Certifications
- Limited Chief or Chief UnlimitedEducation:
- High School Diploma or GED.License/Registrations:
- Virginia Driver's License in good standing.Other Requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- Drug Screening
- Background Check
- Required VDOT/Industry Training
- This position also requires approved safety shoes.Work
- 90-day probation period
- May be subject to short or no-notice work assignments
- Monitored performance with routine evaluationNOTE: This
position is designated as essential and, as such, all duties
associated with this job are required during emergency situations
which may include but are not limited to inclement weather,
disaster response, and emergency operations. VDOT/Contract
Management will determine when essential positions are required. A
valid driver's license is required. DMV records check is required.
Fingerprint-based Criminal History Records Check is required. URL:
U.S. Facilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with
Keywords: US Facilities Inc, Newport News , Marine Chief Engineer - 099, Engineering , Surry, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!