Howl-O-Scream Event Technician (Busch Gardens Williamsburg)
Posted on: September 11, 2023
Busch Gardens is a place of thrills, fun and positive, lasting
memories. And that's just what its like to work here! As a key
member of our team, you'll play a major role in bringing happiness
and excitement to people from around the world. If you're
dedicated, dependable and driven to deliver exceptional guest
service, this is a place for you!
What you get to do:
- Executes Entertainment Event Installation and Deconstruction
per the direction of Technical Supervisors and Management
- Works all operational days of the Event to ensure fully
functional haunted or merry experiences at various venues around
- Setup and operate daily event performances as a
- Collaborates with Entertainment Production/Operations, Theming,
and Theatrical Services teams on install, maintenance and
- Works with outside contractors.
- Maintains clean and organized Entertainment facilities and
- Follows project timelines to ensure park and departmental
goals, safety targets and objectives are obtained.
- Follows department and park safety guidelines.
- Participates in Theatrical Services department training
- Ensure assignments are met and department policies are adhered
- Work with Stage Manager and/or Technical Supervisors to
complete assigned daily tasks and complete project list items.
- Pursue personal development of skills and capabilities for
effective performance through ongoing training, project assistance
and independent study of each field.
- Demonstrate and encourage a positive-attitude work
- Participates in other duties as assigned that support park and
departmental goals and objectives.
What it takes to succeed:
- Possession of a valid state driver's license required.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a theme park/theatrical
- Ability to work professionally, responsibly and safely in a
- Be comfortable using hand tools.
- Have good oral and written communication skills, including the
ability to communicate professionally via radio.
- Ability to climb a ladder and work at heights between 6 and 65
- Ability to stand, bend or kneel for long periods of time.
- Be able to bend, reach, twist and turn with complete
- Ability to lift, push and pull 50 pounds.
- Be comfortable working in outdoor environments (dark/nighttime
conditions, in/around water, in varying weather conditions).
- Be comfortable working around animals.
- Be comfortable with exposure to noise and vibrations.
- Ability to train on and properly use protective gear.
- Be comfortable working around fumes/dust/odor.
- Be available to work varying shifts or hours based on park
hours; i.e., be able to work opening and closing shifts, as well as
event rehearsal shifts.
What else is important:
- Experience with industrial vehicles or such as a high reach,
forklift, scissor lift.
- Basic understanding of the following disciplines: carpentry,
The perks of the position: Ambassadors will enjoy a fun, fast-paced
environment, and great teammates, as well as:
- FREE park admission
- Discounts on park admission tickets and passes for family and
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
- Scholarship opportunities
- Exclusive employee events and giveaways
SEAWORLD PARKS & ENTERTAINMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT REGARD TO AGE, RACE,
COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION,
PREGNANCY, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, DISABILITY OR COVERED
Keywords: Seaworld, Newport News , Howl-O-Scream Event Technician (Busch Gardens Williamsburg), Engineering , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!