Senior Traffic Engineer- Richmond, VA
Company: Bowman Consulting Group
Posted on: October 24, 2018
Our growing Bowman Consulting transportation group in Richmond, VA has an opening for a dynamic and proactive Senior Traffic Engineer ready to make an immediate impact. As a Senior Traffic Engineer leverage your hands-on professional engineering experience and creativity working side by side with other senior engineers, clients and partners to tackle traffic engineering challenges to get RVA and the nation moving!
At Bowman Consulting, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. Thats why a career at Bowman Consulting is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved in it. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
A qualified Senior Traffic Engineer at Bowman Richmond will:
- Prepare and lead traffic impact studies, feasibility assessments, corridor studies, intersection analyses, access and circulation studies
- Manage project or direct traffic tasks on projects and monitor project progress for technical accuracy and adherence to schedule and budget
- Prepare project reports, plans, specifications and estimate bid packages
- Coordinate with other disciplines including environmental, hydraulics/drainage, storm water, utilities, and right of way
- May design traffic elements and prepare roadway, traffic and pedestrian signal plans; maintenance of traffic; Intelligent Traffic System (ITS); pavement and signing plans
- May assist and mentor engineering staff
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Minimum six (6) years professional engineering experience with an emphasis on traffic engineering or related field
- EIT Registration required
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration in Virginia or ability to receive within six (6) months strongly preferred
- Proficiency with traffic analysis tools and software including HCS, Synchro and SimTraffic
- Experience with AutoCAD, MicroStation, AutoTurn, GuideSIGN preferred
- Experience with the preparation of construction plans and/or studies for roadway or traffic projects
- Experience directing tasks and performing QA/QC
- Familiarity with VDOT/Federal standards and procedures
- Design-Build and Intelligent Traffic System (ITS) experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid drivers license and ability to travel (up to 20% outside of office)
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate
Since our founding in 1995, Bowman Consulting has provided award-winning service on hundreds of successful projects, each with its own challenges and opportunities. Bowman Consulting's Engineers and Project Managers have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of civil engineering challenge. We command comprehensive and up to date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations. We are highly efficient at obtaining the necessary entitlements, wherever our clients are building. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion.
Bowman Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Bowman Consulting Group does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
Keywords: Bowman Consulting Group, Newport News , Senior Traffic Engineer- Richmond, VA, Engineering , Richmond, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!