Company: UST Global Inc
Location: Newport News
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The Electrical Engineer develops designs and tests electrical
components and systems for use in large mining haul trucks.
Essential Job Duties
- Works with Engineers in developing the Designs, Cable Harness
Routings for large mining trucks using CAD applications like Creo,
- Develops and oversees installation, testing, and maintenance
procedures to ensure that electrical system components are
installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Develops, researches, designs, installs, tests, analyzes, and
maintains electrical products, equipment, systems and processes to
- Confers with Engineers and other personnel to implement operating
procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical
- Specifies electrical system components or direct modification of
truck components to ensure conformance with engineering design and
- Creates electrical schematics using special electrical CAD
- Works with Engineers to process Engineering Change Requests ECRs
Engineering Change Notices ECNs .
- Investigates equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose
faulty operation, and to make recommendations that will efficiently
resolve the issues.
- Reads and interprets maintenance and operators manuals, technical
drawings, electrical schematics, wire diagrams, wire tables, and
computer generated reports.
- Investigates and tests products from vendors.
- Works as a team member with other Engineers, Designers, and
production personnel on ad hoc projects.
Position Specific Competencies
- Job Skills Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
KSA in the performance of essential job duties
- Knowledge of drafting tools or CAD software like Pro E or
Wildfire or Creo AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of PLM tools like Windchill or Team Center or
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance manuals, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of electrical schematic
- Ability to use MS Office.
- Knowledge of any ERP application like BaaN for BOM and inventory
BACHELOR S OR MASTER S DEGREE IN ELECTRICAL OR ELECTRO MECHANICAL
OR INSTRUMENTATION OR INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING OR EQUIVALENT WITH TWO
YEARS RELEVANT EXPERIENCE OR ASSOCIATES DEGREE IN ELECTRICAL
DISCIPLINE WITH FIVE TO EIGHT YEARS RELEVANT EXPERIENCE.
UST Global celebrates diversity and inclusion. We are an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer. We welcome candidates to apply for
employment from diverse backgrounds and believe your unique
perspective adds to the richness of our company culture. We do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status
as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability,
or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: UST Global Inc, Newport News , Design Engineer, Engineering , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!