IT Project Manager: Mid-level
Company: Ferguson Enterprises
Location: Newport News
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Job Description: Ferguson IT has multiple mid-level IT Project
Manager opportunities to join our IT Project Management Team, as
part of the Project Delivery organization to support some of our
large initiatives in the pipeline.Ideal candidates should have at
least 5 years of IT project management experience supporting
application and/or infrastructure projects. The IT Project Manager
should understand and be able to guide project teams through the
SDLC. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a
matrixed, hybrid environments that blend agile and waterfall
concepts as appropriate to best deliver projects.** These IT
Project Manager opportunities have been approved to sit 100%
REMOTE. If local to the Newport News, VA area, you will have the
option for in-office work in the new HQ3 building, once permitted.
**The ideal IT Project Manager will have:PMP Certification.
- 5-7+ years of experience in IT Project Management.
- Cloud SaaS experience.
- Worked with project teams larger than 5 contributors.
- Worked with internal resources and vendors on the same
projects. JOB FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Sets objectives for
own job with the understanding of how output would affect and
impact other job areas related to own job. Contributes and provides
input to the development of operational area, (e.g. immediate team
of associates) goals within the context of own job area. Work
consists of tasks that are typically not routine, works
independently and applies discretion within established operational
boundaries and procedures. Work direction is only provided for new
areas of work or unique assignments.
- Problems and issues faced need a moderate degree of reasoning
and analysis to address problems and issues. Updates and/or
modifies working methods based on past experiences, and identifies
solutions to problems by recognizing similarities through data
trends. Has higher autonomy to arrive at solutions to non-routine
problems within established operational boundaries and procedures.
Uses personal experiences, makes reasonable judgment calls, and may
call on other resources where necessary to identify solutions.
- Manage all aspects of a project, from initiation through
completion and ensure it is completed on time and within
- Develop knowledge of the organization's products, services, and
customers by working closely with more experienced brand/product
- Manage execution of project in accordance with organization's
project management methodology according to established project
- Identify, develop, and gather the resources to complete the
- Coordinate the activities of outside vendors to ensure they are
integrated into the project and that the organization receives
satisfactory standards of service.
- Monitor progress and performance against the project plan; take
action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays.
- Work directly with partners and clients to determine project
scope, specifications, requirements, and perform calculations.
- Conduct project meetings and prepare regular reports to
communicate the status of the project within and beyond the project
- Identify and resolve risks and issues to minimize delays.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of supplies,
materials, and equipment.
- Allocate resources and assign tasks to ensure these targets are
- Provide a high level of assistance to other program/project
managers to ensure projects are carried out according to plan.
- Adhering to all policies, rules, regulations, and
- Performing other duties or functions as requested by
- Supports enterprise business and sales objectives through the
effective and efficient performance of job responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: Seven (7) years of experience is
preferred to perform at expectation.
- Applies advanced job knowledge of own job area within a
discipline or business unit plus may have working knowledge of
other related job areas.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally.
- Ability to efficiently operate computers, tablets and mobile
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Access, etc.). Perks: Ferguson is dedicated to
providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our
associates and their families-geared toward benefits, wellness,
financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a
competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental,
vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave
(vacation, sick, personal, and holiday), employee assistance
programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities,
and much more! WORK STANDARDS: EXEMPTION STATUS:Role is classified
as Exempt and is not eligible to receive additional compensation
for hours worked in excess of the relevant State and Federal
standards.WORK HOURS:Attendance on a regular, consistent basis is
mandatory including arriving at the time scheduled by your
supervisor daily.#LI-RE-The Company is an equal opportunity
employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the
requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination
against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR
60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified
individuals on the basis of disability. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Ferguson Enterprises, Newport News , IT Project Manager: Mid-level, Executive , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!