Medical Assisting Program Director
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Location: Newport News
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Medical Assisting Program Director in Newport News, Virginia -
Careers at VA - MCI Newport News Skip to Main Content Please Enable
Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate?
Log back in! Medical Assisting Program Director Requisition ID
2021-5901 # of Openings 1 Employment Status Full Time Posted Date 1
month ago (2/19/2021 2:01 PM) Job Family Administrative/Managerial
Company ECPI University State Virginia City Newport News Country
United States Overview Medical Careers Institute, ECPI University's
College of Health Science is currently seeking a leader in the
Medical Assisting profession to oversee our Medical Assisting
program. Responsibilities Students
- Classroom instruction.
- Oversee the academic progression and graduation of
- Evaluate student progress and competency based on Medical
Assisting program philosophy and objectives.
- Create and maintain an environment conducive to learning.
- Participate in the academic advisement and counseling of
- Provide opportunities for student and graduate evaluation of
curriculum, teaching and program effectiveness. Program
- Coordinate the development, implementation, evaluation, and
revision of the Medical Assisting program curriculum.
- Document policies and procedures to ensure that the current
code of ethics of the profession of Medical Assisting is adhered
- Prepare reports necessary for continued approval or
accreditation of program.
- Evaluate textbooks, reference books and other teaching
materials; recommend the purchase of supplies and equipment.
- Hire, train, mentor and evaluate faculty.
- Conduct regular faculty meetings and in-services.
- Ensure faculty are current in licensure, certification and
professional development Professional Development
- Commit to ongoing professional development; ensure program
faculty remain current in trends, issues and practices in the
field, as well as effective teaching strategies and assessment
methods. Qualifications Education/Experience
- Bachelor's degree in the specialty field ot teaching discipline
from a regionally accredited educational institution.
- RMA or CMA.
- Minimum of three (3) years full-time experience in a healthcare
facility with a minimum of one year direct patient care including
40 hoursof experience in an ambulatory healthcare setting
performing or observing administrative and clinical procedures
performed by medical assistants and at least three (3) years
teaching or occupational experience in the subject field.
- Postsecondary teaching experience and/or vocational/technical
education required.-- Skills/Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to manage
in an academic organization.--
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
with attention to detail and deadline--
- Demonstrated experience with academic planning, including
program development and innovation; strategic planning; and
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity among students, faculty
- Curriculum development--
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and excellent verbal and
written communication skills--
- Familiarity with regional accreditation process--
- Ability to create and maintain relationships--
- Motivated, self-starter and ability to work
- Problem-solving ability ECPI University, with campuses in
Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a
recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative
delivery of education to meet the needs of military and
new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master's,
Bachelor's, and Associate's degrees, and certification training in
Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary
Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students
achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on,
student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with
employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills
they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the
need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making
a difference in people's lives.-- What does ECPI University have to
- A focus on students and academic excellence--
- Small class sizes--
- Professional work environment--
- Talented and committed co-workers--
- An adult-focused accelerated schedule--
- An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your
knowledge, skills and professional network--
- Competitive compensation & benefits plan-- ECPI University is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Options Apply for this
job online Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the
Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Loading... Join our Talent Community! Not ready to apply? Connect
with us for general consideration. Application FAQs Software
Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Newport News , Medical Assisting Program Director, Executive , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!