Community Impact/Philanthropy Manager
Company: Hampton Roads Community Action Program
Location: Newport News
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Job Title: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Community
Impact/Philanthropy Manager Department: - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-Strategic InitiativesReports To: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-Chief Operating OfficerFLSA Status: - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-ExemptSalary: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -$50,229
- $62,161 -SUMMARYUnder the guidance and supervision of the Chief
Operating Officer, the Social Impact Manager will be responsible
for managing the agency's fundraising efforts and community
engagement activities that result in increased client outcomes and
agency sustainability. This position interacts with executive
staff, component leadership, programming staff, volunteers, and
board members in short and long-term sustainability efforts to
support HRCAP's mission. -FUNDING NOTICE: -Position will be
reviewed by March 31st annually to determine funding availability
in the new fiscal year beginning July 1st annually. -
COVID-19 NOTICE: Proof of receipt of the COVID-19 vaccination
required. -Proof of immunization must include a copy of
documentation indicating the vaccines received. - -ESSENTIAL DUTIES
AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. -Other duties within
the scope of this position may be assigned. - -PHILANTHROPY /
SUSTAINBILITY RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Directly responsible for soliciting/securing gifts and
individually meeting an annual fundraising goal of $300-500K.
- Serve as the primary relationship manager with Direct
Mail/Marketing vendor, a program responsible for annual revenue of
- Personally, manage a portfolio of 300+ current sustaining and
mid-level donors and prospects.
- Create, implement, and evaluate the organization's annual fund
campaign, including mailings, appeals, reports, and other relevant
- Document all donor and data processes.
- Research build and maintain database profile records.
- Manage or assist with logistics needed for activities related
to annual fund campaigns and/or appeals.
- Create and implement processes to document in database
conversations with all stakeholders as well as appropriate data
entry for notes/cultivation activities/volunteer solicitor actions
- Update and maintain donor database using moves management
- Manage various fundraising events not limited to: GiveLocal757,
Giving Tuesday, United Way campaign, reception events, etc.
- -Cultivate relationships with current and prospective
leadership circle donors.
- Represent the organization in professional, civic, and
community groups as requested by the COO/ CEO.
- Engage new donor prospects as directed by CEO.
PROGRAM SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate in-person trainings (workforce, whole family, and
housing) for clients and community as needed.
- Assist with client intakes and setup client records for program
- Record, prepare and submit check requests/purchase orders for
program activities and services for clients and staff.
- Coordinate program outreach activities and events. -
- Participate in any special event planning and implementation
and other departmental or agency activities as needed.
- Generate agency impact and annual reports from various
- Performs other related duties as directed by CEO/COO.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESAs assigned by COO/CEO. -INFORMATION
PRIVACY AND SECURITYThis associate may have access to Confidential
Information (CI) and is required to be familiar with the HRCAP's
related procedures required to protect the privacy and security of
CI. -EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Active member of a local AFP chapter
- Ability to manage and partner with leadership and fundraising
- Ability to conduct prospect research.
- Knowledge of development principles, fundraising techniques and
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Access to a vehicle to attend donor meetings, event and
activities across Hampton Roads.
- Experience working in nonprofit, human service
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, public administration
or other related field of study is required.
- Proficient in MS Office-Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Virginia driver's
- Criminal record check and driving record required for
- Adept at networking, building relationships, and community
engagement. -CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSCurrent state
driver's license, proof of current auto insurance coverage,
satisfactory driving record and working vehicle required. - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -STANDARDS FOR MEASURING
PERFORMANCE -The effectiveness of the performance of the -Social
Impact Manager -will be measured by the following -standards: -1. -
- - - - -Adhering to AFP Code of Ethical Principals2. - - - - -
-General Nonprofit Fundraising Metrics - -Cost per dollar raised -
-Conversion Rate - -Gifts Secured - -Matching Gift Rate - -Pledge
Fulfillment Percentage - -Recurring Gift Percentage - -Number of
Asks Made - -Frequency of Contact with Donors - -Average Gift Size
Growth 3. - - - - - -Quality and level of effectiveness in managing
administrative functions. - - -4. - - - - - -Ability to effectively
engage and communicate to clients and HRCAP staff. -5. - - - - -
-Overall contribution to the achievement of the organization's
mission and objectives. -
Hampton Roads Community Action Program is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Hampton Roads Community Action Program, Newport News , Community Impact/Philanthropy Manager, Executive , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!