Physical Therapist Clinic Therapy Director Outpatient Orthopedics
Location: Newport News
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Overview:As a full time Center Therapy Director with Concentra,
you will have the opportunity to positively shape health care in
your community. Working in concert with medical and operational
professionals, you will provide needed therapy interventions to
injured individuals in an outpatient orthopedics clinic
Pave a unique career path full of new opportunities and join
Concentra. Receive top-of-the-line education and training that will
lead you towards newfound personal growth and long-term career
success. Apply to Concentra today!
- Ensure delivery of high quality patient care services.
- Perform direct patient care, including evaluation of muscle,
skeletal, neurological and other physicalproblems.
- Support and encourage multidisciplinary coordination of
- Ensure proper documentation of patient care.
- Maintain professional standards through compliance with quality
assurance policies/ procedures aswell as applicable regulations and
- Implement effective communication with own and other
departments' staff, with medical staff andpatients to ensure
coordinated efforts and provision of high quality service and
optimal patient care.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving and conflict-resolution
- Inform Administrator of department problems, needs and
solutions in a timely manner.
- Plan, design, implement and interpret specific physical therapy
treatment programs for patients tofacilitate the patient's recovery
and attainment of maximum physical potential.
- Educate patients in the proper care and use of supports and
performance of exercise programs.
- Perform or delegate patient treatment to include modalities,
therapeutic exercises, gait training andhydrotherapy.
- Follow appropriate documentation and reporting procedures.
- Secure prescription for each patient treated.
- Work closely with the physician to ensure comprehensive
delivery of services and quality patientcare.
- Assist marketing staff with tours as necessary.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect center assets and
property against loss or waste throughnegligence or dishonesty.
Concentra is a national health care
company focused on improving
America's health, one patient at a
time. Through our affiliated
clinicians, we provide occupational
medicine, urgent care, primary care,
physical therapy, and wellness
services. Concentra also serves
employers by providing a broad
range of onsite health services in
worksite medical facilities.
- Participate in professional development by attending center
meetings and outside educationalseminars
- Communicates with the Outcome Assurance Injury Coordinator or
the Case Manager for eachpatient.
- Communication regarding the patients' objective progress,
compliance with the program,compliance with attendance of scheduled
appointments, the therapist's estimated time frame until
discharged from therapy.
- Participates in clinical instruction of university occupational
therapy and/or occupational therapistassistant students.
- Participates with the evaluation of the effectiveness of the
rehabilitation quality managementprocess and assist in new and
- Ensures compliance with rules and regulations established by
the relevant licensing, certificationand accrediting bodies.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities,duties or responsibilities that
are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities
activities may change at any time with or without
- Bachelor of Science or advanced degree in Physical Therapy
- Must meet licensure requirements of jurisdiction
- Manual Therapy experience preferredAdditional Data:BENEFITS
Many of our clinics offer working hours M-F, 8 to 5, no nights, no
- Our robust time off program includes PTO, Holidays, CME, &
Extended Illness Days
- Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine
Process Management Model
- Center Achievement Bonuses
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Colleague Referral Bonus ProgramIf you're looking for an
organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it
does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information,
requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including
Keywords: Concentra, Newport News , Physical Therapist Clinic Therapy Director Outpatient Orthopedics, Executive , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!