Activities Director (Life Enrichment Director)
Company: Charter Senior Living - Williamsburg
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Life Enrichment Coordinator
Why Charter Senior Living?"I believe in the Charter Mission. - To
Enhance the Human Spirit. I do this every day as I help care for
our residents. - They may need extra help throughout the day, but I
know during these times that I am enhancing their spirit. - I feel
honored to make such a difference in someone's life!" - --Charter
Senior Living Associate -
Offering Health Insurance for Full Time Associates -
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Perfect Attendance bonus offered monthly- Earn an extra $100
per month (after taxes). - -
- Health Insurance -
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Resident Referral Bonus
Your potential is unlimited. - As a small boutique company, we are
committed to helping each of our Associates have more than just a
"job". - We want each of our associates to feel like they have a
career and an opportunity to grow. Learn more about Charter and how
you can become part of an organization that is committed to the
future of their Associates.
The Life Enrichment Coordinator will be responsible for the
planning, implementation, and supervision of the day-to-day social,
educational, recreational, spiritual and therapeutic individual and
group activities, entertainment and transportation services for the
residents living in the community. - This position also concerns
itself with the achievement of occupancy development goals through
coordination with the management of the promotion of the community
to the general public; through innovation, successful planning,
implementation, resident participation and direct supervision of
Other: - Willing to work shift assigned, weekends, and holidays. -
Ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
problem-solving, conflict management, budgeting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Innovate, plan, promote and supervise all activities,
entertainment, transportation programs -to accommodate the broad
spectrum of individual and collective interests, attributes and
abilities of the residents. Monitor for shifts in preferences,
values, and attitudes using personal interviews, approved surveys,
resident committees, suggestion boxes, etc.
- Effectively encourage and actively promote residents
participate in activities/social services through internal, formal
and informal communication networks.
- Involve and assist the Residents Council and Resident Meetings
by playing a key role in their monthly meetings.
- Develop programs, activities, seminars, and lectures for the
monthly calendar. -
- Drive residents to planned events, activities, or appointments
using the community van.
- At the direction of the Executive Director, work with
consultants and other outside resources to provide a well-balanced
program for the residents.
- Visit with and interview all new residents within two (2) weeks
of occupancy to learn more about them and their individual
attributes, abilities, background, interests, preferences,
- Handle all resident concerns and complaints with finesse and in
a caring, polite and professional manner.
- Communicate and channel to the supervisor, all residents,
personnel and other matters and information which could concern or
be in any way beneficial to the employer.
- Promote a thorough and continuous understanding among all
employees of the importance of the activities department to the
quality of life for all residents and prospective residents.
- Exposure to blood/body fluid not likely
- Push, pull, and lift at least 50 pounds. Must be able to stand,
walk, stoop and/or bend for periods of up to eight hours with
breaks as provided for in the employee handbook. Frequent
transporting of residents in a wheelchair.
- Must possess a current state-specific driver's license and CDL
if applicable. Must possess a clean driving record that will be
approved by the Company's insurance carrier and the Company's
standards. Annual driving record checks will be performed to ensure
consistent and safe driving patterns are met.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written; English language
skills adequate to allow communication with residents and staff,
and to understand written and verbal instructions. Compassion for
the elderly. Self-motivated.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Charter Senior Living - Williamsburg, Newport News , Activities Director (Life Enrichment Director), Executive , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!