Posted on: September 18, 2022
Williamsburg Area Faith In Action
Williamsburg Area Faith In Action is seeking an energetic, spirited
leader to help our community. Our leader will be a person with
unwavering commitment to working with staff and volunteers to
fulfill our mission to help seniors live safely in their homes by
providing transportation and other support services.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the
administration, programs, and strategic plan for Williamsburg Area
Faith In Action by demonstrating exceptional emotional commitment
to the fulfillment of our mission. This position reports directly
to the Board of Directors.
Salary Range $50,000 to $70,000 Full-Time position with paid
vacation and sick time and 13 paid holidays.
In Leadership, the Executive Director will:
- Provide exemplary/social conduct and demonstrate expertise in
leadership and management.
- Cultivate a healthy community and culture within the
communities we serve and challenge the organization to live up to
its vision, mission, and guiding principles.
In Budget and Finance, the Executive Director will:
- Hold primary responsibility for developing and sustaining
adequate resources to support the organization through strategic
fundraising and resource development practices.
- Assure sound financial procedures and practices are followed
and communicated with Board Treasurer.
- Propose an annual budget to the Board; communicate the
objectives, initiatives, and assumptions of the budget. Conduct
financial operations within the parameters of the budget approved
by the Board of Directors.
In Communications, the Executive Director will:
- Be the public face of the organization by representing the
programs and positions of the organization to agencies,
organizations, and the general public.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative
arrangements with community groups, local governments, and
- Acknowledge and maintain communication with the organization's
donors, volunteers, and supporters.
In Leadership of Staff, the Executive Director will:
- Responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all
personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that regular performance evaluations are held and that
sound human resource practices are in place.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates people
who demonstrate exceptional emotional commitment to the mission of
Williamsburg Area Faith In Action.
In General Administrative Functions, the Executive Director
- Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy that
achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and
- Maintain official records and documents and ensure compliance
with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Have current working knowledge of significant trends in the
Qualified candidates will have successfully completed a bachelor's
degree; an advanced degree is preferred. the ideal candidate will
have a minimum of three years experience as Executive Director or
comparable position and will have:
- Demonstrate ability to recruit, engage, and support a Board of
- Successfully led fundraising campaigns for a non-profit
organization in the areas of major individual gifts and grant
- Demonstrated leadership in a combined volunteer and
directed-staff organization that delivers services to its
- Created and executed an annual financial plan.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, ability to motivate,
and draw out the best in human resources.
$50,000 - $70,000
About Williamsburg Area Faith In Action
Williamsburg Faith In Action (WFIA) is a non-profit founded in
2021. The mission of WFIA is to help seniors age safely in their
homes by providing transportation and other support services. WFIA
has a network of trained volunteers that provide compassionate and
practical services to seniors to enhance their dignity,
independence, and quality of life.
Keywords: WizeHire, Newport News , Executive Director, Executive , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!