Medical Assisting Program Director
Company: ECPI University
Location: Newport News
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*** This is an in-seat position located at our Newport News, VA
Transform your Career at ECPI University
Since 1966, ECPI University's dedicated employees have worked
tirelessly to help students achieve their goals via hands-on
training and career-focused education. Our employees are dynamic,
caring professionals ready to make a difference in people's
With your hard work, ECPI University will provide you with great
- Competitive compensation & benefits plans including 401(k)
participation with possible employer contributions.
- Our Tuition Scholarship program is eligible to employees and
their immediate family members after 90 days of employment.
- Additionally, you will work alongside talented professionals to
help our students change their lives through education.
If you are seeking a stable work environment, comprehensive
training, personal and professional growth opportunities, and job
satisfaction knowing your work makes a positive difference in
people's lives, we would love to hear from you and discuss the
Medical Careers Institute, ECPI University's College of Health
Science is currently seeking a leader in the Medical Assisting
profession to oversee our Medical Assisting program.
- Classroom instruction.
- Oversee the academic progression and graduation of
- Evaluate student progress and competency based on Medical
Assisting program philosophy and objectives.
- Create and maintain an environment conducive to
- Participate in the academic advisement and counseling of
- Provide opportunities for student and graduate evaluation of
curriculum, teaching and program effectiveness.
- Coordinate the development, implementation, evaluation, and
revision of the Medical Assisting program curriculum.
- Document policies and procedures to ensure that the current
code of ethics of the profession of Medical Assisting is adhered
- Prepare reports necessary for continued approval or
accreditation of program.
- Evaluate textbooks, reference books and other teaching
materials; recommend the purchase of supplies and equipment.
- Hire, train, mentor and evaluate faculty.
- Conduct regular faculty meetings and in-services.
- Ensure faculty are current in licensure, certification and
- Commit to ongoing professional development; ensure program
faculty remain current in trends, issues and practices in the
field, as well as effective teaching strategies and assessment
- Bachelor's degree in the specialty field of teaching discipline
from a regionally accredited educational institution.
- RMA or CMA.
- Minimum of three (3) years full-time experience in a healthcare
facility with a minimum of one year direct patient care in an
ambulatory healthcare setting. - -
- Postsecondary teaching experience and/or vocational/technical
education required. -
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to manage
in an academic organization. -
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
with attention to detail and deadline -
- Demonstrated experience with academic planning, including
program development and innovation; strategic planning; and
financial management -
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity among students, faculty
and staff -
- Curriculum development -
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and excellent verbal and
written communication skills -
- Familiarity with regional accreditation process -
- Ability to create and maintain relationships -
- Motivated, self-starter and ability to work independently
- Problem-solving ability
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: ECPI University, Newport News , Medical Assisting Program Director, Executive , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!