Food and Beverage Manager
Company: Kingsmill Resort
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Overview: This position is responsible for managing day to day
operations for all food service facilities at Kingsmill Resort. It
will oversee all aspects of food service operations to include menu
planning, costs, preparation and presentation of food and drinks,
and adherence to quality and safety standards to ensure success and
profitability. The Food and Beverage Manager must possess strong
leadership, operational, financial and analytical skills. A
friendly, outgoing personality is a necessity as is a strong
working knowledge of providing a fine dining experience to the
resort members and guests.
- Ensure a consistent set of superior standards of food service
and quality are being met or exceeded at all facilities.
- Monitor the performance of F&B operations to determine
whether strategies require adjustment to positively impact revenue
and cost controls.
- Assist in planning and implementing procedures for special club
events and banquet functions.
- Recruit, interview and hire food and beverage management and
staff associates for resort as needed.
- Train and support all food and beverage management and
associates and ensure performance in accordance with established
- Conduct regular meetings with direct reports focused on goals
and objectives and development of staff.
- Responsible for counseling and documenting performance issues
- Develop menus with other members of food and beverage team
- Abide by all state, local and municipal laws and regulations
pertaining to liquor and food safety.
- Ensure that all Kingsmill guidelines and standard are being
followed by all staff.
- Handle all guest and member service issues in an immediate and
- Interact with guests on an ongoing basis to ensure that service
and food quality expectations are being met.
- Monitor and react to all situations mentioned on comment
cards/Unifocus and provide written comments on actions taken and
perform necessary documentation when needed.
- Monitor and follow up on all areas of operation on a daily
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have professional presentation as an ambassador of the
company serving as a manager.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or the equivalent combination of
education and professional experience.
- Manager level certification in the TIPS or ServSafe alcohol
awareness program and food handling is required within 30 days of
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory or management level work
experience in upscale and/or casual restaurant(s)
- Proficiency with multiple business software applications
including Excel & Word.
- Training knowledge for all F&B departments.
- Strong budgetary, forecasting and cost control skills and the
ability to consistently produce budgeted expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly energetic and friendly personality who is hands-on and
visible to members, guests and staff.
- Leadership skills with the ability to motivate a veteran staff
and earn their respect and trust.
- A strong sense of service with proven training and development
- Knowledgeable of dining room and reservation system
- Knowledgeable of all menus and specifications.
- Basic knowledge of sanitation and back-of-the-house procedures
for the cooks and pantry lines.
- Must possess a valid drivers' license.
Ability to work days, nights, weekends, holidays
Keywords: Kingsmill Resort, Newport News , Food and Beverage Manager, Executive , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!