Life Enrichment Director
Company: Dominion Village at Williamsburg
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Life Enrichment Director Why Charter Senior Living?"I believe in
the Charter Mission. To Enhance the Human Spirit. I do this every
day as I help care for our residents. They may need extra help
throughout the day, but I know during these times that I am
enhancing their spirit. I feel honored to make such a difference in
someone's life!" -Charter Senior Living Associate Offering Health
Insurance for Full Time Associates Charter Benefits:
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Perfect Attendance bonus offered monthly- Earn an extra $100
per month (after taxes).
- Health Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Resident Referral Bonus Your potential is unlimited. As a small
boutique company, we are committed to helping each of our
Associates have more than just a "job". We want each of our
associates to feel like they have a career and an opportunity to
grow. Learn more about Charter and how you can become part of an
organization that is committed to the future of their Associates.
POSITION SUMMARY The Life Enrichment Director will be responsible
for the planning, implementation, and supervision of the day-to-day
social, educational, recreational, spiritual and therapeutic
individual and group activities, entertainment and transportation
services for the residents living in the community. This position
also concerns itself with the achievement of occupancy development
goals through coordination with the management of the promotion of
the community to the general public; through innovation, successful
planning, implementation, resident participation and direct
supervision of all activities. Other: Willing to work shift
assigned, weekends, and holidays. Ability to work independently
with minimum supervision; problem-solving, conflict management,
budgeting. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Innovate, plan, promote and supervise all activities,
entertainment, transportation programs to accommodate the broad
spectrum of individual and collective interests, attributes and
abilities of the residents. Monitor for shifts in preferences,
values, and attitudes using personal interviews, approved surveys,
resident committees, suggestion boxes, etc.
- Effectively encourage and actively promote residents
participate in activities/social services through internal, formal
and informal communication networks.
- Involve and assist the Residents Council and Resident Meetings
by playing a key role in their monthly meetings.
- Develop programs, activities, seminars, and lectures for the
- Drive residents to planned events, activities, or appointments
using the community van.
- At the direction of the Executive Director, work with
consultants and other outside resources to provide a well-balanced
program for the residents.
- Visit with and interview all new residents within two (2) weeks
of occupancy to learn more about them and their individual
attributes, abilities, background, interests, preferences,
- Handle all resident concerns and complaints with finesse and in
a caring, polite and professional manner.
- Communicate and channel to the supervisor, all residents,
personnel and other matters and information which could concern or
be in any way beneficial to the employer.
- Promote a thorough and continuous understanding among all
employees of the importance of the activities department to the
quality of life for all residents and prospective residents.
- Exposure to blood/body fluid not likely PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Push, pull, and lift at least 50 pounds. Must be able to stand,
walk, stoop and/or bend for periods of up to eight hours with
breaks as provided for in the employee handbook. Frequent
transporting of residents in a wheelchair. OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess a current state-specific driver's license and CDL
if applicable. Must possess a clean driving record that will be
approved by the Company's insurance carrier and the Company's
standards. Annual driving record checks will be performed to ensure
consistent and safe driving patterns are met.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written; English language
skills adequate to allow communication with residents and staff,
and to understand written and verbal instructions. Compassion for
the elderly. Self-motivated.
- Must be able to pass a background check. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: Dominion Village at Williamsburg, Newport News , Life Enrichment Director, Executive , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...