Director, BSA and Fraud
Company: Langley Federal Credit Union
Location: Newport News
Posted on: September 19, 2023
721 Lakefront Commons
Newport News, VA 23606, USA
721 Lakefront Commons
Newport News, VA 23606, USA
Imagine being part of a company where your growth is valued and
your journey is supported. Imagine yourself at Langley Federal
Credit Union, where we're dedicated to shaping a meaningful path
together. You belong at Langley.Langley Federal Credit Union is one
of the 100 largest credit unions in the United States with over $5B
in assets and over 351,000 members. We are constantly growing and
have recently expanded to neighboring states and other parts of
Virginia.Langley is committed to being the best place you will ever
work, and it all begins with our comprehensive employee benefits
package, which includes affordable medical, dental, and vision
plans in addition to:Investing in You:
- Educational Assistance, encompassing books, lab fees,
registration costs, and more.
- Support for Student Loan Repayment.
- Abundant Career Growth Opportunities.Time Off That Matters:
- Generous Paid Vacation that starts accumulating from day one,
progressively increasing with every five years of service, up to a
- Celebrate 13 Paid Holidays, including your birthday and the day
following Thanksgiving; enjoy Floating Holidays too!
- Paid Sick Time for all team members.
- Highly competitive 401K plan featuring a 6% company match, with
immediate vesting with a ROTH IRA option.
- Company-covered short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Complimentary Life Insurance and the choice of additional
Voluntary Life Insurance.
- Flexible Health Care and Dependent Care benefits.Langley
Federal Credit Union is currently hiring for a Full Time Director,
Bank Secrecy Act and Fraud Mitigation to work On-Site from our
Oyster Point in Newport News, VA.Job Summary:Oversees a high-impact
team responsible for successfully leading all aspects of the credit
union's BSA/Fraud department, including compliance with and
oversight of the credit union's Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money
Laundering (AML), Customer Identification (CIP), Office of Foreign
Assets Control (OFAC), Identity Theft, and Fraud Prevention
programs. Proactively evaluates, tests, and monitors the credit
union's compliance with applicable policies, procedures, rules, and
regulations. Serves as the Bank Secrecy Act Officer for the credit
union. -Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Manages all facets of the Credit Union's BSA program: ensures
that all policies and procedures are relevant and complete;
self-assesses program's success by conducting risk assessments;
addresses compliance risk and concerns; maintains compliance with
all applicable state and federal laws & regulations; prepares and
files SARs and CTRs with appropriate government agencies, when
applicable; ensures thorough OFAC monitoring for all relevant
transactions and name records within the database; etc.
- Develops and implements robust proactive/preventive measures;
identifies modern tools to prevent fraud.
- Researches and assesses fraud trends impacting the credit
union, its members, and the financial services industry; defines a
governance framework to minimize risk to the credit union.
- Serves as the primary contact for regulatory agencies and
auditors on BSA-related issues for examinations and audits.
Participates in and responds to exam and audit concerns and
oversees corrective action of all related compliance deficiencies
- Evaluates and responds appropriately and in a compliant and
timely manner to law enforcement inquiries (e.g., subpoenas).
Represents the credit union as custodian of record in civil and
- Maximizes direct report's productivity, efficiency, and career
potential, including directing job assignments, monitoring staff
performance, coaching, counseling, training, and alignment with
Langley's vision and values.
- Establishes and oversees the Credit Union's
Know-Your-Customer/Member Identification Program (KYC/MIP) and
related Member due diligence and enhanced due diligence
- Develops a robust fraud reporting process that enables analysis
and provides summaries for senior management; develops key
performance and risk indicators for monitoring, tracking, and
reporting fraud risk strategies.
- Conducts accurate, thorough, and objective investigations for
suspected violations of laws, fraud, or failure to comply with
credit union regulations or policies; Investigates claims of
employee malfeasance and reports findings and recommendations to
- Identifies and prepares appropriate training to address fraud
trends and BSA/AML requirements; engages Organizational Development
to ensure training is updated and reflects current trends and
practices; provides annual BSA training to the Board of
- Bachelor's Degree in criminal justice, business, or related
field or equivalent combination of experience/education
- Bank Secrecy Act compliance certification or ability to achieve
within twelve months required.
- Five years of experience in Bank Secrecy Act compliance within
a financial institution preferred.
- Three years of experience in fraud detection and prevention
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Anti-Money Laundering
Specialist (CAMS), Certified AML and Fraud Professional (CAFP)
- Service Champion - Adopts a service orientation, building
trusting relationships and delivering value for associates,
members, and communities.
- Langley Ambassadors - Demonstrates a passion for Langley's
vision, encouraging diversity, equity, and inclusion while
considering Langley's values when making decisions and taking
accountability for delivering results.
- Agile in Action - Adapts to changes in the business,
demonstrating innovation to improve Langley and advance the company
into the future.
- Team Driven - Collaborates across Langley, communicating
transparently and prioritizing a team-based approach that delivers
optimal outcomes for associates, members, and communities.
- Continuous Learners - Maintains an understanding of Langley's
business and how value is delivered to members and actively pursues
opportunities to grow oneself and strengthen the
organization.Physical Requirements:The physical demands described
here must be met by an employee to successfully perform this
position's essential functions, duties, and responsibilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.Working Conditions:The
work environment characteristics described here represent those an
employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed indoors in a climate-controlled office
environment where the noise level is typically quiet.This job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of functions, duties, or responsibilities required by the
employee. Functions, duties, and responsibilities may change, or
new ones may be assigned at any time, with or without notice.We
look forward to receiving your application and eagerly anticipate
the opportunity to learn more about your qualifications and
aspirations. Your unique perspective and skills could be a valuable
addition to our team. We're excited to delve deeper into your
background and potential fit with our company culture. Thank you
for considering joining us on this journey, and we can't wait to
get to know you better!QualificationsSkillsBehaviors:
Motivations:EducationExperienceLicenses & CertificationsEqual
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Langley Federal Credit Union, Newport News , Director, BSA and Fraud, Executive , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!