PROPOSAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Company: East Coast Repair and Fabrication
Location: Newport News
Posted on: November 14, 2023
PROPOSAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
NEWPORT NEWS - NEWPORT NEWS, VA US (Primary)
This position is generally responsible for managing all aspects of
proposal development and assembly, including preparation, revision,
and submission. Collaborates with proposals team and other
departments to create compelling proposal responses. In addition,
provides engineering and technical support as required to support
various business needs.
- Manages proposal development and assembly. Collaborates with
Operations and Planning departments for incorporating required
inputs, including project schedules. Establishes proposal
structure, and ensures compliance with proposal requirements and
- Reviews/analyzes proposal sections for consistency and clarity,
compliance with solicitation requirements, and alignment with
proposed solutions and themes and writes/re-writes proposal
sections as necessary to deliver high-quality, winning proposal
- Collaborates with operational leadership to obtain adequate
inputs for accomplishing a high-quality proposal submission in a
- Manages and directs all proposal efforts to include
preparation, revision, and submission; establishes and enforces the
proposal schedule. Clarifies, communicates, and enforces roles and
responsibilities of the proposal team members.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts, and other writers to
refine proposal sections to ensure accuracy, compliance,
consistency, and reflection of win strategies.
- Assists in the development and refinement of templates and
standardized processes to streamline proposal development.
- Provides regular updates regarding proposal progress.
Identifies proposal risks and assists in developing mitigation
- Leads, facilitates, and drives the discussion during proposal
strategy sessions helping to document customer requirements,
winning themes, and features and benefits required for a compelling
- Remains current on all solicitation modifications and
communicates them to the team.
- Ensures proposal compliance, checking submission for compliance
regularly throughout the proposal cycle.
- As needed, provides engineering and technical service support
for establishing engineering sketches and for participating in
various technical discussions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors' degree in business administration, related field, or
- 10 or more years related experience in field; or equivalent
combination of education and experience
- Possess superior knowledge of US Navy Combatant and
Non-Combatant Vessels and Crafts.
- Must possess a courteous, and professional demeanor.
- Must be detail oriented, with excellent verbal and written
- Possess superior knowledge of the arrangement of US Navy
vessels, system identification, marine equipment, and to a lesser
extent, the operation of marine systems.
- Possess superior knowledge of and know how to read and
interpret specifications. Be able to read and interpret references
to include, blueprints, Liaison Action Requests, Technical Manuals,
military and commercial material specifications and standards of
- Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet
Explorer, or other internet search software.
- Ability to gain access to military installations.
- Must pass a drug test and background check.
Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools or controls; type and use related devices; reach with hands
and arms; climb stairs as needed; talk or hear. Specific vision
abilities required by the job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus.
Typical office environment.
During work-site visits, will be required to wear appropriate PPE
including, but not limited to:
Ear plugs or attenuator
Dust mask or respirator
Keywords: East Coast Repair and Fabrication, Newport News , PROPOSAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, Executive , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!