Physician / Nurse Practitioner / Virginia / Permanent / Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - PMHNP Job
Company: Kurz Solutions
Location: Newport News
Posted on: April 10, 2021
NP - Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - PMHNP
An Old Soul and Youthful Enthusiasm - Coastal Town
The Community - Newport News, VA
A city with an old soul and youthful enthusiasm. A Coastal Virginia
vacation destination with fascinating sights to see and interesting
things to do. A convention city with flexible facilities and a
confident, can-do attitude. Situated in the middle of the Hampton
Roads region and the heart of the Mid-Atlantic, Hampton welcomes
vacationers and meeting attendees alike with charming hospitality,
multi-faceted attractions and activities, and an atmosphere of
discovery that you'll find pleasantly surprising.
Joint Base Langley-Eustis
Langley Air Force Base is the home of the United States Air Force's
633d Air Base Wing, 1st Fighter Wing and the 480th Intelligence
Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing. It also hosts the Global
Cyberspace Integration Center field operating agency, the 192D
Fighter Wing of the Virginia Air National Guard and Headquarters
Air Combat Command. The base is one of the oldest facilities of the
Air Force, having been established on 30 December 1916, prior to
America's entry to World War I by the Army Air Service, named for
aviation pioneer Samuel Pierpont Langley.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
Performs duties in accordance with established principles,
practices and ethics of the applicable healthcare profession and
written policies, procedures and requirements of McDonald Army
Health Center and shall apply age specific knowledge and competency
appropriate to patient population served. The standards of
performance for all health care workers shall reflect the degree of
care, skill, and learning expected of a reasonably prudent health
care worker in the professional category to which he or she
- Provides Psychiatric Mental Health Advances Practice Nursing
care as a case manager. Serves as a liaison and advocate for
patients by assisting in coordinating continuing care for those
with acute and chronic psychiatric problems.
- Participates as a member of the Behavioral Health, Mental
Health, Psychiatry Service within the context of a
multidisciplinary team that coordinates care for psychiatric
- Collaborates with families, case managers, discharge planning
and multidisciplinary team to ensure appropriate utilization of
health care resources.
- Assists the consultation and liaison team to evaluate patients
and help implement aftercare.
- Performs direct patient care to include:
- Conducts psychiatric triage
- Performs psychiatric-assessments to determine appropriate
diagnostic impression according to current guidance
- Determines appropriate patient disposition (admission or
- Educates patients and family members, and significant others
about the illness/condition, medication, and available
- Administers and prescribes medication
- Facilitates groups
- Provides patient counseling
- Assists psychiatrists with medication refill process.
- Attends and participates in meeting and professional staff
conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as,
but not limited to the following: Quality Improvement meeting,
professional staff meetings, Commander's staff meetings, Department
meetings, and others required by applicable regulations, MTF
guidance, or as directed by the Chief, Department of Behavioral
Health or his/her designated representative.
- Performs tasks related to the Graduate Education Program
(Client) to include teaching and supervisory clinical caseload of
interns, residents, and fellow, and other duties as required by
- Must possess an Associate, Diploma, or Baccalaureate degree
from an accredited school of nursing (National League of Nursing
(NLN)), a Master's Degree in Psychiatric Nursing, and a specialty
as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. Is also board certified as
such by the ANCC, or other recognized certifying body
- Shall possess and maintain a current, active, valid,
unrestricted license as a Psychiatric Mental Health Advanced
practice Nurse with Prescriptive Authority in at least one U.S.
state, District of Columbia, Commonwealth, territory or
- Certification shall be as Clinical Nurse Specialist in Adult
Psychiatry or Psychiatric Mental Health Advanced Practice Nurse. If
certification is required, it must be kept current according to the
guidelines of the certifying organization.
- Shall possess a minimum of one year experience in the past
three years caring for psychiatric patients.
- Must have passed the NLN Psychiatric Medication Test with a
minimum score of 80%. Possess the knowledge, actions, dosages of
the most commonly used psychotropic medications. Must have been
trained in assessment/evaluation and treatment of Post-Traumatic
- Shall be a citizen of the United States
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Newport News , Physician / Nurse Practitioner / Virginia / Permanent / Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - PMHNP Job, Healthcare , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!