Company: Spectrum Healthcare Resources
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Spectrum Healthcare Resources has a full-time opportunity for a
civilian Clinical Psychologist supporting Norfolk Naval Base in
This contract position offers:
- Monday through Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm
- Outpatient setting
- No night, weekend, holiday, or on-call responsibilities
- PTO & 10 paid Federal Holidays per year
- Medical, dental, vision insurance, and 401(k) option
- The Psychologist shall participate in the Embedded Mental Health
program by providing recognition, treatment, and management of
psychosocial/behavioral problems and conditions.
- Provide psychological treatment for individuals and groups; help
medical and surgical patients deal with illnesses or injuries.
- Assist in rehabilitation of patients
- Treat individuals in times of personal crisis such as a divorce
or death of a loved one
- Interview patients and study medical and social case
- Evaluate between 8-14 patients a day.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or (Psy.D) degree in clinical or
counseling psychology from an APA accredited psychology program
- Completed an APA accredited internship/residency OR One year of
experience in the last four years in the evaluation and treatment
of patients who have pain, psychological factors affecting their
physical condition, or difficulty coping with medical problems or
- Any state license.
- Must be able to obtain Secret Security Clearance
- Active Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Spectrum Healthcare Resources (SHR) was established in 1988 to
deliver systems and processes designed to meet the unique needs of
Militaryand VA Health Systems. SHR is a leading organization that
provides physician and clinical staffing and management services to
United States Military Treatment Facilities, VA clinicsand other
Federal Agencies through various contracting vehicles. A Joint
Commission Health Care Staffing Services firm, SHR isthe military
staffing division of TeamHealth, a Nationwide organizationthat
serves 850 civilian and military hospitals with a team of 9,600
affiliated health care professionals.
Spectrum Healthcare Resources is an equal opportunity employer and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Spectrum Healthcare Resources, Newport News , Psychologist, Healthcare , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!