Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)
Company: Virginia Health Services
Location: Newport News
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Virginia Health Services is hiring an Assistant Director of
Nursing (ADON). This position is a Full Time opportunity. The
Assistant Director of Nursing Operations reports to the Vice
President of Nursing and provides support to facilities to maintain
standards of resident care. The Assistant Director of Nursing
(ADON) has the following responsibilities:
- Oversees the recruitment process of nursing personnel
- Oversees the hiring and onboarding of nursing personnel
- Supervises scheduling process to assure appropriate staffing
- Assists in developing policies and procedures for nursing.
- Reviews employee records and recommends disciplinary action in
collaboration with Human Resources
- Assists in developing and implementing employee engagement and
- Analyzes staff turnover and develops initiatives for
- Consults with nursing management and provides interpretation of
policies and procedures.
- Coordinates, monitors and evaluates the quality and
appropriateness of nursing care.
- Assists in monitoring the purchase and use of nursing supplies
- Promotes and demonstrates positive customer service towards
VHS, co-workers, residents and visitors.
- Attends and participates in committees as assigned.
- Performs other delegated duties. QUALIFICATIONS AND
REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to perform the above stated essential
duties and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions and responsibilities in accordance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and holds current
- Experience/education in Gerontological Nursing required.
- Computer knowledge required.
- Current drivers' licenses in good standing.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the
employee is regularly required to walk, turn, bend, stoop, lift,
push, pull, reach, talk, hear, taste and smell.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move up to 50 pounds.
- Risk of exposure to blood borne pathogens and hazardous
materials. OTHER SPECIFICATIONS:
- Salaried (Exempt)
- Not eligible for shift or weekend differential
- 30 day notice is required for voluntary termination of
employment. Why join Virginia Health Services? Locally owned and
operated for over 50 years, Virginia Health Services seeks kind and
compassionate employees to join our family-like team . We take
pride in delivering outstanding long-term care nursing services to
our friends and neighbors in this community, just as we would want
for our own family members. Likewise, we believe in supporting our
staff with opportunities for personal growth and professional
advancement , as well as providing excellent benefits! Recognizing
you have many options; VHS offers many perks to being part of our
- Rewarding & meaningful relationships with our residents and
other mission-minded coworkers.
- Competitive pay rates including higher entry-level salaries
among major local health care providers.
- Most full and part time employees are eligible for Anthem Blue
Cross Blue Shield Group Health and Dental Insurance Programs.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days to eligible full
and part-time employees.
- 401(k) retirement plan with an employee contribution annual
- Tuition reimbursement is available to qualified staff who
further their job-related education.
- State-of-the-art, Employment, Enrichment and Education Center
to provide hands-on opportunities for training and development of
our team! Learn more about caring community today: Virginia Health
Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires
qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
disability or veteran status. We are a drug free workplace.
Keywords: Virginia Health Services, Newport News , Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON), Healthcare , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!