Dietary Aide - James River Nursing & Rehabilitatio
Company: Virginia Health Services
Location: Newport News
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionVirginia Health Services is hiring a Dietary Aide
for the James River Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, a Long Term
Care and Rehab Center located in Newport News, VA. These positions
are Full Time & Part Time, Days & Evenings.The Dietary Aide has the
- Assisting in the use of the menu tray card system.
- Assisting with preparing, and distributing resident meals and
snacks in accordance with the menu, diet orders and facility meal
- Washing dishes and cleaning work area, tables, cabinets, carts,
and ovens in accordance with infection control standards.
- Ensuring proper storage and handling for all food to include
knowledge of proper holding temperatures and temperature
- Effectively operating all kitchen appliances.
- Following facility cleaning schedule as assigned.
- Maintaining proper cleaning and sanitation of kitchen equipment
- Complying with all established policies and procedures.
- Promoting and demonstrate positive customer service towards
VHS, co-workers, residents, family members and visitors.
- Performing other duties as assigned.Requirements:
- Prior food service experience is preferred, but not
- ServSafe Certified preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple information.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the
employee is regularly required to walk, turn, bend, stoop, lift,
push, pull, reach, talk, hear, taste or smell.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move up to 50 pounds.
- Risk of exposure to blood borne pathogens and hazardous
materials.Why join Virginia Health Services? Locally owned and
headquartered in Newport News, Virginia since 1963, Virginia Health
Services offers exceptional senior living and health care services.
Our 1,200+ employees are passionate and committed to the well-being
and quality care of our residents.A career with Virginia Health
Services means you'll be part of a collaborative Team whose
dedication and compassion are recognized and valued. We believe in
quality of life and want to help you live your best life
too!Recognizing you have many options; Virginia Health Services is
committed to investing in its Team members and offers the following
- Competitive salary
- Group Health insurance including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending and health savings account
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with an employer contribution
- Referral program
- State-of-the-art, Employment, Enrichment and Education Center
to provide hands-on opportunities for training and development of
our team!Learn more about us at: http://www.vahs.comVirginia Health
Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires
qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
disability or veteran status. We are a drug free
workplace.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
and responsibilities in accordance with the Americans with
Keywords: Virginia Health Services, Newport News , Dietary Aide - James River Nursing & Rehabilitatio, Healthcare , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!