Medical Social Worker
Company: Amedisys, Inc.
Posted on: November 23, 2022
*What You Will Do*
Provides social worker assessment and treatment; assisting patients
and families in the patient's place of residence as prescribed by a
Physician. The Social Worker assists the patient and family with
health related financial, social and emotional concerns and assists
with effective coping skills.
* Provides Social Work Services in accordance with the Physician's
plan of care.
* Demonstrates competency in the skills required by the care
* Performs accurate and comprehensive assessments.
* Ensures that changes in the patient's clinical status are
communicated to other healthcare team members and the care center
office staff in a timely manner (documented communication in the
* Coordinates care planning and delivery with the physician,
patient/ family, other healthcare team members to facilitate
optimal patient outcomes.
* Provides medical social work interventions and treatment based on
an ongoing patient assessment/ reassessment and in accordance with
* Educates the patient and family members and other team members on
medical social work interventions and treatment plan.
* Performs care planning, transfer and discharge functions in
accordance with care center policy and applicable laws, regulations
* Participates in interdisciplinary team conferences/ patient care
conferences in accordance with care center policy.
* Develops, prepares and maintains individualized patient care
progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to
policies. Submits accurate and timely documentation per care center
* Identifies risks or threats to the patient's health in the
patient's environment and promptly implements appropriate
interventions to reduce risks. Communicates identification of
risks/ threats to the patient to the Physician and other members of
the healthcare team to coordinate care effectively.
* Maintains knowledge of community resources, identifying
appropriate resources to meet patient and family needs to
facilitate optimal outcomes.
* Keeps abreast of social work trends and knowledge.
* Adheres to all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
* Complies with the care center's policies.
* Participates in the agency's Quality Assessment Performance
Improvement Program and activities.
* Participates in in-service programs and provides educational
in-service programs to agency staff as requested.
* Holds a Master's or Doctoral degree from a school of social work
accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; andHas 1 (one)
year of social work experience in a health care setting.
Meets state and federal requirements for this position.
Current CPR certification
Job Type: Part-time
* 401(k) matching
* Employee assistance program
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Home Health
* Day shift
* Social work: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road%30668848%
Keywords: Amedisys, Inc., Newport News , Medical Social Worker, Healthcare , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!