Director of Surgical Services, RN
Company: Riverside Health System
Posted on: January 22, 2023
For over 100 years, at Riverside Health System, we have made it our
mission to care for others as we would care for those we love.
The Director of Nursing has the responsibility for setting strategy
for the provision of nursing service. This includes facility-wide
decision making, goal and objective setting, policy establishment,
foresight into nursing service and setting the communication tone,
values and culture of nursing services.
What you will do
- Responsible for the annual budget process to include
appropriate resource allocations for FTE's, skill mix, replacement,
succession planning, capital expenditures, and expenses. Completes
variance review, analysis and action plans for budget
- Collaborates with schools of Health Professionals to ensure
that our partnerships enhances the students and provides feedback &
structure to those programs to facilitate an adequate level of
competency upon entering the work force.
- Partner with community to continually assess health needs and
provides services to support goals.
- Physical Medicine Quality Dashboard indicative of progress
towards facility quality goals.
- Collaborates with members of Physician Leadership in order to
implement the facility operational plan.
- Provides an ongoing strategic vision for department/service
that promotes growth and excellence. This strategic plan includes
mission, values, work process, strategic goals & objectives for
department/facility as set forth.
- Creates an environment of personal ownership in
patient/customer care. Demonstrates ability to organize teams that
attract, train and retain the best.
- , Nursing (Required)
- Bachelors Degree, (Required)
- Masters Degree, (Preferred)
- 4-6 years Recent relevant experience (Required)
- 1-3 years Supervisory experience (Required)
Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Nurse (RN) - Virginia Department of Health
- CPR/BLS Certification - American Heart Association/American Red
Cross/American Safety and Health Institute (AHA/ARC) (Required)
As a Riverside Health System team member, our benefits have you
Health & Wellness:
- Medical Plan Options
- Vision and Dental plans (including orthodontic care)
- Wellness & fitness center discounts
- Onsite pharmacy and delivery options
- Riverside Health System services discount
- Flexible spending and savings accounts
- Healthy lifestyle incentives
Peace of Mind:
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Whole Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- CEUs (MedBridge Education)
- 403(b) Savings Plan (Immediate Matching)
- Specialty Certification Financial Assistance
- Company Wide Bonus Program
- Employee Help Fund
- Paid Time Off (full- and part-time team members)
- Extended illness bank
- Care.com membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Area retail discounts
- Community involvement opportunities
Keywords: Riverside Health System, Newport News , Director of Surgical Services, RN, Healthcare , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!