RN Case Manager - Palliative - BONUS
Company: Legacy Hospice Inc.
Location: Newport News
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Legacy Hospice is currently hiring Full Time Compassionate
Registered Nurse Case Managers (RNs) to provide patient care in and
around the Newport News Area!
*** $7500 Sign On Bonus ***
We are looking for high energy, compassionate, detail-oriented
Registered Nurses (RNs) to be Hospice Case Managers for our
patients. Our Hospice RN Case Managers plan, organize, and direct
hospice care utilizing the nursing process of assessment planning,
interventions, implementation and evaluation; and effectively
interacts with patients, caregivers, families and other
interdisciplinary team members whiles maintaining standards of
professional nursing and clinical competency. We are committed to
providing The Best Care Possible!
Legacy Hospice is a premier provider of end-of-life care. Our
family of hospices provide quality care through our
mission-oriented and patient-centric services. We are growing
rapidly and are looking for skilled individuals to join us in our
We offer excellent compensation and an industry leading benefits
package that includes:
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Company matching 401(k)
- GENEROUS time-off package (20 days PTO & 9 Holidays)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Certification Assistance
- Wellness & Discount Programs
- Cell Phone, Mileage, & Gym Membership Reimbursement
If you are looking for a career with a purpose and a supportive
team culture, then this is the position for you!
- Reviews clinical referral information and responds to request
and inquires as appropriate. Collaborates with Patient Care Manager
regarding the eligibility and appropriateness of client for hospice
- Completes an initial comprehensive and ongoing comprehensive
assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs.
Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and
previous illness(es) while being aware of the physical, emotional,
and spiritual aspects. Gathers data on social, economic, and
cultural factors which may influence health, well-being and quality
- Acts as RN Case Manager and assumes responsibility to
coordinate patient care for assigned caseload and provides direct
care to patient maintaining the highest level of comfort and
quality of life.
- Applies nursing principles and techniques in the treatment of
patients. Provides nursing care, emotional support and education to
patients and families. Encourages patients and family members to
participate in the patient's plan of care to meet established
- Participates in On-Call duties as assigned and defined by
Patient Care Manager and Program Director.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or health care preferred.
- Hold current unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum one (1) year experience as an RN in a medical
surgical/acute care setting.
- Hospice/home health experience preferred but not required.
- Must be computer proficient in typing and various programs,
including background in EMR.
- Possess and maintains current CPR certification.
- CMS requires that all patient-facing staff, as well as those
that are in contact with patient-facing staff, be fully vaccinated,
or have a documented religious or medical exemption. This important
rule is required for all healthcare organizations that receive
federal funds through Medicare or Medicaid.
Keywords: Legacy Hospice Inc., Newport News , RN Case Manager - Palliative - BONUS, Healthcare , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!