Registered Nurse (RN)
Location: Newport News
Posted on: February 12, 2019
In Center- RN DaVita is seeking a Registered Nurse who is looking to give life in an outpatient dialysis center. You can make an exceptional difference in the lives of our patients and their families dealing with end-stage renal failure or chronic kidney disease.If you haven't considered Nephrology before, read on as we think that you should. Dialysis Experience is NOT required.What you can expect:
- Long term patient relationships. Build meaningful relationship with patients and their family in an intimate outpatient setting.
- A team that feels and functions like a family. Staff RNs are a central part of a small interdisciplinary team of clinicians. Work alongside technicians, nurses, dietitians, social workers, physicians and the center manager.
- Fun is one of our core values. Happier nurses = healthier patients.
- Specialized, complex care. RNs deliver care to patients who are often dealing with multiple co-morbidities which require unique treatment plans and the ability to leverage a broad range of nursing skills and knowledge.
- Fast paced. Our RNs oversee up to 12 patients at a given time, and up to 3 Patient Care Technicians who assist with patient observations, measuring stats and machine set-up. You will work hard with your head, heart and hands each day.
- Schedule. Shifts are typically 12 hours, 3 days/week, Mon-Sat (closed Sundays). Schedule times will vary by location but most of our RNs work early morning or day shifts between 4am-10pm. Some holidays required.
- Clinical leader: DaVita has the highest percentage of facilities meeting or exceeding CMS's standards in the government's two key performance programs. We expect our nurses to commit to improving patient health through clinical goal setting and quality improvement initiatives.What we'll provide:
- In-classroom and hands on training: if you are new to dialysis, we'll provide a 9-12 week paid training and the support to guide you through to becoming a nephrology nurse.
- Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita is committed to providing robust development and experience for nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions, integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that journey.
- Education assistance and license reimbursement: annual $3,000 tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000 scholarship opportunity. CNN and CDN certification reimbursement.
- 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may take you.
- Comprehensive benefits package: including medical, dental, vision, 401k plan, $2,500 cash gift for new parents, back-up child and elder care and so much moreSome details about this position:
- Your 9-10 weeks of training will include a combination of classroom and hands-on learning, through DaVita's award-winning training programs
- Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training
- You must be flexible on the final home clinic placement it may be in a different location; there is also the potential to float to various clinics during and after your training
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice; Graduate Nurse pre-licensure available in some locations
- A desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way. You know, the way you'd want your own care to be
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and OutlookYou might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), Emergency Room (ER), or Medical Surgical (Med Surg) experience
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN)Ready to make a difference in the lives of patients? Take the first step at
Keywords: DaVita, Newport News , Registered Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!