Restaurant Team Member
Company: Papa John's - J. Clyde
Location: Newport News
Posted on: July 9, 2019
At Papa John's, our Restaurant Team Members are more than just
employees. We promote from within, so you are a valuable asset with
lots of future protential for growth!ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.-- Other duties may be
- Perform assigned workstation duties including making quality
products and taking orders.
- Provide a high level of customer service through positive and
professional interaction with customers by phone or in person, and
acting with a sense of urgency in everything they do.
- Accurately use the POS System, process cash, check and/or
credit card transactions. Support sales efforts by suggestively
selling to increase the check average when taking an order.
- Work as a team and assist each other team members by being on
time for their shift; supporting other workstations during their
shift, including cleaning, for example sweeping, mopping, wiping
- Maintain organized, safe, and clean work areas; comply with
safety and security standards and procedures at all times.
- Comply with uniform and appearance standards.
- Complete all training modules that relate to this
- Comply with Team Member Handbook, and with federal, state and
local laws and ordinances.OTHER DUTIES
- Prepare ingredients,
- Complete all closing duties, for example stocking of
- Train new team members in all applicable training
modules.POSITION QUALIFICATIONS--To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed
above satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.--
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential functions.The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required:PHYSICAL DEMANDSWhile performing the duties of this job,
the team member is required to:
- Use hands repetitively
- Stand for prolonged periods
- Walk, grasp firmly/strongly and simply/lightly with hands, and
use fine finger dexterity----
- The team member is frequently required to bend over, twist,
reach above shoulder level, crouch or stoop, kneel, repetitively
use feet, and use head and neck in a twisting or static motion and
to look up and/or down, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds--
- Occasionally, the team member is required to sit, climb,
balance, push and/or pull, and lift and/or move over 51 pounds.WORK
ENVIRONMENTThe duties of this job require working:
- In various temperatures
- In a noisy environment
- Near moving mechanical parts
- With dangerous equipment or sharp tools, and around fumes,
odors, dust, or toxic chemicals.ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to perform the following
duties at Papa John's: pizza loading, oven-tending, pizza cutting,
dough docking, dishwashing and pizza delivery.
- If this team member will work more than 30 hours per week, must
be able to work long hours, scheduled or unscheduled, which may
include days, nights, weekends, and as emergencies arise.
- If cross-trained as a delivery driver, must have a driver's
license, valid under the laws of the state(s) where the team member
works, for at least six months, acceptable motor vehicle record,
proof of insurance, satisfactory vehicle, and be able to safely and
legally operate a motor vehicle, be able to drive any time of day
in any weather conditions or terrain, and possess navigational
- May be required to work long hours, days, nights, or weekends,
scheduled or unscheduled.
- Criminal background check may be required.
- Must be team-oriented and willing to work with team to
accomplish team objectives.
- Must be customer-focused with excellent customer-service
- Must be able to independently handle any customer concern with
little or no supervision.
- May be required to work split shifts.
- Must possess ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
accurately and quickly (may use calculator.) Must be able to make
correct monetary change.
- Must be able to work with phones, computers, fax machines and
- Must be able to verbally communicate effectively and clearly,
actively listen, and respond effectively to questions.
- Must deals well with frequent task changes, delays, or
- Must possess ability to comprehend written instructions.
- Bilingual in certain markets.
- Must be able to comply with uniform and appearance
Keywords: Papa John's - J. Clyde, Newport News , Restaurant Team Member, Hospitality & Tourism , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!