Staff Software Engineer/Architect - Azure (Remote)
Company: Ferguson Enterprises
Location: Newport News
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Job Description: We realize that our greatest assets are our
best-in-class associates, which is why we're dedicated to offering
limitless opportunities for growth and advancement. We want to help
you build a long-lasting career with Ferguson/Build.com. Together,
we can continue to lead the industry and help build our nation's
infrastructure from the ground up. Join our team today.
Ferguson/Build.com is currently seeking the right individual to
fill an immediate need for a Staff Software Engineer/Architect with
Azure experience to join our Digital Commerce Technology
organization. What is the opportunity for you? We consider our
software architects and engineers to be the heart of our team. We
are an Agile development organization consisting of teams of
multi-talented engineering professionals, working in a fast-paced
environment, delivering value on a regular cadence. We are
embarking on a large-scale re-platforming project to consolidate
our multiple eCommerce sites and platforms onto a new multi-cloud
eCommerce platform as part of a multi-year, enterprise-scale
Digital Transformation program. As Staff Software Engineer /
Architect on the Platform Architecture team you will play a crucial
role in the architecture, design and implementation of new
eCommerce services as we build out our new platforms and ecosystem
and repurpose our differentiating services and functionality from
existing platforms. What you are going to do?
- Work with our cross-functional agile teams and external
integration partners to create technical solutions that align with
the technology vision of the enterprise.
- Bring your expertise in the architecture, design and
implementation of modern cloud-based systems to build out our new
platform. Use your background and experience as a top-level,
full-stack engineer to architect, design and implement the
abstractions, interfaces, components and solutions necessary to
create a new best-in-class eCommerce service ecosystem.
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions
that leverage both out-of-the-box platform capabilities and the
extended capabilities of new eCommerce service platforms and
- Work with product owners, integration partners and other
stakeholders to analyze technical requirements for new features and
capabilities and design technically sound solutions and
- Design, develop and integrate customized solutions and
transition strategies aimed at incorporating best, differentiating
features from legacy platforms into the new service ecosystem.
- Lead design and code reviews focused on applying industry best
practices to write and maintain well-designed, modular, performant
and well tested code.
- Drive forward-looking initiatives aimed at ensuring our
platforms remain fundamentally sound and up-to-date with best
engineering practices and principles. Mentor others in these
practices. What are you going to bring to the table?
- 10 years of progressive experience in the IT industry with a
strong background building complex web-based applications.
- Proven, hands-on experience with various technologies including
Java/Spring, Web Apps and Restful Services, API development, Domain
Services architecture, Reactive architectures and Event-driven
systems. Strong knowledge of cloud platforms and SAAS
- Experience working in multi-cloud environments and designing
service integrations. Experience with Azure a plus.
- Relational database experience with data modeling, reporting,
query optimization, indexing in SQL Server and related
technologies. No-sql database experience preferably MongoDb.
- Aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving and a strong
sense of ownership and accountability. A strong commitment to
delivering high quality software and a balance between technical
and business goals.
- A strong DevOps mindset with expert knowledge of solution
delivery and software development practices, CI/CD, application
release, deployment and automated testing, including source code
control, build / package, environment configuration and
- ---Ability to effectively identify and evangelize emerging
technologies, trends, standards and products that have a strong
potential for use within the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to
express complex technology concepts effectively and in a manner
suitable for various audiences.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management
skills, highly collaborative and inclusive.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently
and in a team environment with a positive and professional attitude
in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design concepts highly
- Expertise solutioning in the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform
utilizing modern microservices and serverless approaches is a
- Experience integrating with SAAS service providers is a plus.
What do we bring to the table?
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Great 401(k), PTO and benefits package which includes Medical,
Dental, Life and Vision
- Amazing work environment that makes you want to be at work
- Team building and companywide events throughout the year
(sometimes too many to count)
- Incredible employee discounts on Build.com products
- Internal Training programs suited to what you are wanting to
- A wide variety of local discounts plus all of Ferguson Inc.
employee perks -The Company is an equal opportunity employer as
well as a government contractor that shall abide by the
requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination
against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR
60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified
individuals on the basis of disability. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Ferguson Enterprises, Newport News , Staff Software Engineer/Architect - Azure (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!