Software Development Technical Lead
Company: Centurion Consulting Group
Location: Newport News
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Software Development Technical Lead Newport News, VA We are
seeking a Software Development Technical Lead for our program
located in our Newport News, VA. In this role, you will lead an
Agile development team in order to successfully support all
programs with the design, creation, maintenance, and testing of
.NET web applications using C#, Entity Framework, and MS SQL
Server. As the Technical Lead, you will also provide technical and
team leadership through coaching and mentorship. The successful
candidate will be detail-oriented and a highly motivated
self-starter with a demonstrated experience to successfully lead a
development team. Due to current COVID-19 safer-at-home directives,
this opportunity does have the option for temporary telework until
the work/travel restrictions have been lifted. Once cleared to
return to work on site, in-person reporting will be required to
work on location in Newport News, VA. PRIMARY
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project
- Directly manage a team of 5+
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and
- Maintain high standards of software quality using software
development best practices and automated testing
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts
and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and
maintain web- and desktop-based business applications built on
- Collaborate with customer system admins to resolve operational
- Collaborate with government customers on requirements
- Provide feedback on development processes to drive continuous
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status,
operation and maintenance of software.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering
solutions on-time and on-budget
- 25% travel BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in a corresponding field related to Computer
Science and minimum 8-12 years of related experience. Additional
years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Previous experience with one or more of the following
technologies: C#, ASP.NET, Ajax, JQuery, Web Services (SOAP/REST),
CSS, HTML, and SQL.
- Previous experience with source control system (Git, SVN,
BitBucket or similar)
- Previous experience with automated test frameworks (Katalon,
Selenium or similar)
- Experience writing and maintaining unit and automated
- Knowledge/experience with common SDLCs.
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
- Security+ certification (active) or be able to obtain within 3
months upon hire PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position
- Entity Framework or similar ORM.
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) Management (Apache Active MQ or
- Technical Writing.
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Jira, Confluence
- Active TS SCI clearance Position Details:
Clearance: Current and Active Top Secret Clearance Full Scope
US Citizenship in US required
Travel: Tagged as: Software Development Technical Lead Phone
email@example.com Who we are
Community--Newsroom What We Do
Our Disciplines Who We Serve
The Centurion Commitment
Private & Public Sector
Customers and Past Performance
Contract Vehicles Why Centurion
Why Work Here
Refer a Future Centurion
Keywords: Centurion Consulting Group, Newport News , Software Development Technical Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!