Tooling Programmer II
Company: Canon Virginia Inc
Location: Newport News
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and
operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining
quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining
equipment and supplies. Responsibilities - Analyzes more complex
job orders, drawings, blueprints, specifications, computer models
and/or design data to correctly calculate part dimensions, tool
selection, machine speeds and feed rates.
- Determines reference points, machine cutting paths and/or
location for holes; computes more complex angular and linear
- Programs more complex parts using CAM Software; generates
accurate, usable NC Code for programs created.
- Researches and makes recommendations to increase machine run
- Monitors machining outcomes; verifies completed work, checks
dimensions/tolerances; maintains accuracy of drawings and
- Studies and recommends techniques to improve existing CAM and
internal software products.
- Evaluates systems based on quantitative results and makes
suggestions for the improvement of these systems.
- Assist other programmers and floor personnel as needed.
- Conducts quality testing; corrects/improves program code to
increase efficiency, quality and safety.
- Revises programs to eliminate errors; retest programs to ensure
problems have been resolved.
- Manages the CNC program files within network; performs tooling
evaluations when required.
- Observes and contributes during machine set-ups to optimize
- Sets up and operates machines as needed to support
- Works closely with Designers, Machinist, Tool Makers and/or
management to resolve programming challenges and/or questions.
Qualifications PLEASE NOTE: We comply with all applicable federal,
state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including
those we may be required to follow as a federal government
contractor/subcontractor. We are required under federal law to
invite you to voluntarily self-identify in various categories.
Relevant forms will be included at several steps in the recruitment
process. - Associate's preferred; or equivalent education and
experience and 5-8 years' experience with CNC programming and tool
- May have to work overtime and may be assigned to other shifts
based on company needs.
- Must be familiar with standard tooling concepts, practices and
- Experience with 3-D CAM software (Auto Desk - PowerMill)
required. Company Overview About our Company - Canon Virginia, Inc.
located in Newport News, Virginia is a global manufacturer for
Canon's office and consumer products. Our innovative and efficient
production methods along with our environmental commitment make us
a leading global manufacturer. Since opening our doors in 1985,
Canon Virginia has provided world class manufacturing services. It
is the policy of Canon Virginia, Inc. (CVI) to provide equal
employment opportunities without regard to race, creed, color, age,
sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status,
national origin, or physical/mental disability except where there
is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy relates to
all phases of recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits
administration and participation in company sponsored employee
activities. This includes hiring, promotions, demotions, transfers,
layoffs, recall, training and terminations. Employment practices
will conform to all federal, state and local laws on
Keywords: Canon Virginia Inc, Newport News , Tooling Programmer II, IT / Software / Systems , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!