Engineer II (Embedded Software - Product Development)
Company: Canon Virginia Inc
Location: Newport News
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Canon Virginia, Inc.
Requisition ID: 24517
Position Type: Full-Time
Supports new product development activities in a Product
Development and/or R&D
environment by creating new software functionality and/or processes
- Develops more complex software programming for prototypes per
- Analyzes test data and makes recommendations to determine if
software design meets functional and performance
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to
development of systems or other uses.
- Utilizes statistical analysis to ensure process is capable.
- Generates new concepts/designs and generates proof of
- Reviews content of technical reports to ensure accuracy and
- Trains less experienced Engineers on department processes or
PLEASE NOTE: We comply with all applicable federal, state and local
laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be
required to follow as a federal government
contractor/subcontractor. We are required under federal law to
invite you to voluntarily self-identify in various categories.
Relevant forms will be included at several steps in the recruitment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent and 2-5
years' experience in research and development, medical or related
field writing applications in C/C++.
- Working knowledge of C, C++, C# programming languages for
software development in both
- MS Windows and Linux environments. Specific knowledge/experience
programming embedded C/C++, .NET, and working in a Test Driven
Development (TDD) environment preferred.
- Ability to create and present presentations and/or technical
papers to management within and outside of Canon Virginia.
- Requires ability to debug and trace common code problems
(including hardware troubleshooting/debugging using oscilloscope
and logic analyzer).
- Analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
About our Company - Canon Virginia, Inc. located in Newport News,
Virginia is a global manufacturer for Canon's office and consumer
products. Our innovative and efficient production methods along
with our environmental commitment make us a leading global
manufacturer. Since opening our doors in 1985, Canon Virginia has
provided world class manufacturing services. It is the policy of
Canon Virginia, Inc. (CVI) to provide equal employment
opportunities without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex,
religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status,
national origin, or physical/mental disability except where there
is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy relates to
all phases of recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits
administration and participation in company sponsored employee
activities. This includes hiring, promotions, demotions, transfers,
layoffs, recall, training and terminations. Employment practices
will conform to all federal, state and local laws on
Keywords: Canon Virginia Inc, Newport News , Engineer II (Embedded Software - Product Development), IT / Software / Systems , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!