1st Class Electrician
Location: Newport News
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Description: Electrician -1st ClassWe are searching for
anElectricianat ourNorfolk, VAlocation.You will demonstrate success
- Connecting, installing, and removing wiring, fixtures, and
equipment for all electrical services aboard ships utilizing
blueprints, wiring diagrams, and test equipment.
- Coordinating and directing subordinates in the completion of
one or more assigned tasks, provide timely feedback to the Lead or
Task Supervisor regarding milestones in the project schedule;
communicating verbally or in writing all deviations identified in
the specified scope of work.
- Installing cables in the overhead and underneath false decks
according to work specifications.
- Hooking up lighting, power, fuse panels, controllers and
connection boxes including troubleshooting and repairing simple and
- Testing equipment to properly identify voltage, ring-out and
troubleshoot cables and equipment and determining cable routing and
overcrowded transits prior to installation.
- Determining the kind and quantity of materials required to
accomplish the work without undue waste.
- Effectively communicating with other trades to coordinate
scheduled work; ensure all work activities by subordinates is
performed in accordance with safety, quality, and industrial
- Mastery of blueprints, diagrams, sketches, and symbols.
- Thorough understanding in electrical installation standards,
processes and materials - EPISM.
- Experienced in the opening, packing, closing, and testing of
MCT's / MCP's.
- Must be able to hookup simple and complex circuits to include
the use of shielded cables.
- Experience in the hookup of transformers, lighting and
distribution panels, switchboards, fuse boxes, connection boxes,
controllers, receptacles, lighting fixtures, and other electrical
and electronic equipment.
- Must understand cable tagging requirements and wire marking
terminology.Experienced in the use of test equipment required in
order to test and repair electrical and electronic systems.
- Experienced in the grounding and bonding of electrical
- Must be 18 or older and US Citizen.
- High School diploma or GED
- VSRA Safety Training; OSHA 10 Hour Training
- US Navy Electrical / Electronic A or C schools or equivalent
electrical trade schools preferred.
Keywords: L3Harris, Newport News , 1st Class Electrician, Other , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!