Job Description - NAVY LODGE GENERAL MGR (0 - 90 ROOMS) -
NAVY LODGE GENERAL MGR (0 - 90 ROOMS) - NEWPORT
Job Number: 200002L0
Primary Location : United States-Rhode Island-Newport
Organization : Newport Pay Range : $55,000.00 - $87,000.00
(Based on Exp)
Job Summary: Manages one or more Navy Lodge Facility to ensure
operation standards are within Navy Lodge Program guidelines and
standards. The incumbent of this position reports directly to a
Navy Lodge Regional Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains contact with guests to ensure satisfaction. Responds
to all inquiries and complaints.
- Supervises associates and provides adequate staffing for areas
of responsibility. Ensures training of associates through
Performance Training Program, supervises schedules of work,
approves vacation and coordinates with the appropriate personnel
office regarding personnel matters.
- Processes local reservations, reservations through the Central
Reservation Center and maintains the Lodging Management System.
- Conducts inspections of all areas of Navy Lodge operation,
identifies problems and/or deficiencies and implements appropriate
corrective measures. Follows up to ensure deficiencies are
- Coordinates the alteration, minor construction, painting and
preventive maintenance of Navy Lodge facilities.
- Maintains liaison with Navy Lodge Program and other
activities, vendors, suppliers and other appropriate authorities
within the local area to ensure adequate levels of guest services
and to establish maximum vendor relations.
- Responsible for the proper maintenance of operating records,
files, cash control, receipts and the custody of supplies and
equipment (fixed assets) for the Navy Lodge.
- Ensures compliance with all safety, fire and sanitation
regulations. Is also responsible for the safety/security of Navy
Lodge guests and associates.
- Coordinates service requirements with the Acquisition Manager
for those items, supplies, service and labor which lend themselves
to contact negotiation procedures.
- Develops and administers operating and equipment budgets in
conjunction with NEXCOM, Navy Lodge Program.
- Responsible for implementing Navy Lodge Program policies and
- Carries out EEO policies and communicates support of these
policies to subordinates.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The incumbent of this position must file a Financial Disclosure
Report (OGE) 450 Form as required.
A total of 5 years of experience, consisting of the
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: 3 years of experience in administrative,
technical or other responsible work which enabled the applicant to
gain a general knowledge of operational practices and procedures;
skill in dealing with others in person-to-person work
relationships, and the ability to exercise mature judgment.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION OF EXPERIENCE: 1 year of academic
study above the high school level may be substituted for 9 months
of experience, up to a maximum of a 4-year bachelor's degree for 3
years of general experience.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: 2 years of progressively responsible
experience that provided an in-depth knowledge of hotel/motel or
institutional management or other related service industry
management and operations. Such experience should include
background in most of the following: procurement of supplies and
equipment, operational efficiency, sanitation, internal finance
controls, budgeting, staffing, room design and decorating; or
similar work which demonstrated the knowledge and abilities of the