General Laborer I
Company: High Liner Foods
Location: newport news
Posted on: May 3, 2021
: Work on the production line to
produce seafood products. Keep the production area clean and
- Open boxes of frozen fish and place on production line.
- Separate frozen fish portions and spread the portions evenly
across a conveyor belt. Remove portions that are the incorrect size
- Package fish in plastic bags and boxes. Seal boxes with sealing
- Assemble boxes on assembly line.
- Monitor fish quality, portion size and shape, when
- Sweep the floor. Clean the work area. Dispose of refuse.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to lift 50 - 66 lbs on a regular basis.
- Adaptability to changing working environments and tasks
- Ability to work precisely, consistently and quickly
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Must be employed as a P-1 for three continuous years.
The plant work environment will expose the employee to loud noise,
food grade dust & odors, moving & vibrating machinery, heavy
equipment, powered industrial trucks, heights, traffic, anhydrous
ammonia, oil, electricity. The employee may be exposed to adverse
weather conditions including extreme cold (-10 degrees F), heat (80
degrees F), rain, snow, dust, smoke and odors.
Allergens found inside the plant include: fish, shellfish, nuts,
eggs, wheat, soy, milk and coconut.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: High Liner Foods, Newport News , General Laborer I, Other , newport news, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!