Desktop Support Specialist
Company: General Dynamics
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA VA Yorktown
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ86437
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT is seeking a Desktop Specialist to provide Information
Technology (IT) Help Desk support to a classroom/training
environment at the ITB TRACEN Yorktown, Virginia. In performing
this role, candidate shall support all unclassified and classified
IT support to the Intelligence Training Branch (ITB) at TRACEN
Yorktown. The Help Desk Specialist, Level I (Junior), working in
conjunction with the Systems Administrator, Level II (Lead) shall
operate the ITB Yorktown Help Desk and perform roles including but
not limited to:
- Ensure all IT support is documented by a ticket, either user or
- Perform initial and recurring operating system imaging of
Unclassified, Secret, and Top Secret workstations.
- Serve as liaison for all IT issues requiring support from
TRACEN IRM Branch.
- Perform user and object management in Active Directory.
- Perform network management, switch maintenance, cable
- Perform touch labor / troubleshooting of ITB staff and student
workstation, printer, VTC, and VoIP issues on Unclassified, Secret,
and Top Secret security domains.
- Perform patch management and respond to Time Compliance
Technical Orders on server, workstation, and network hardware.
- Maintain databases of ITB Yorktown IT hardware including but
not limited to workstations, VoIP phones, printers, servers, and
Video-Teleconference (VTC) endpoints.
- Maintain Outlook calendar for VTC's scheduled for ITB
- Schedule VTC's, establish VTC sessions for ITB Yorktown staff,
troubleshoot VTC issues as necessary, ensure at least one Help Desk
person remains available in the local ITB Yorktown classroom area
to triage problems that may occur after the VTC session is
- Manage and maintain a Microsoft Print Server, assist ITB
Yorktown staff and students with printer related issues,
troubleshoot on-site printers and perform preventative
- Maintain TS/SCI Voice over IP hardware endpoints.
- Support commercial telephone service conference calling for ITB
Yorktown staff as requested.
- Comply with applicable USCG IT security directives.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: HS/GED, 1+ years experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA VA Yorktown
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance
critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest
in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done.nnGDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics, Newport News , Desktop Support Specialist, Other , Yorktown, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!