Company: Earth Fare, Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position Summary: The Meat Cutter is responsible for upholding
Earth Fares Vision, Mission, Declaration and Customer Service
Creed, while adhering to the departments Standard Operating
Procedures. They cut and trim meat to size for display or as
ordered by the customer, using hand-tools and powered equipment
such as grinders, cubing machine and power saws. The Meat Cutter
delivers exceptional customer service while being a valuable asset
of product knowledge within the department.
- Cut and trim meat to size for display or as ordered by customer
using hand-tools and power equipment such as grinders, cubing
machine and power saw.
- Clean and cut fish and poultry. Shape, lace and tie meat cuts
by hand, suing bonding knife, skewer and twine to form roasts.
Place meats in containers to be wrapped, place meat on trays to be
displayed for customer selection.
- Deliver exceptional customer service at the Meat and Seafood
- Merchandise cuts of meat to maximize customer appeal and
department profit. (
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times to
include proper sanitation/cleaning of all equipment and cases along
with proper handling and storage of products.
- Receiving product and loading into refrigerator.
- Other duties as assigned by department management.
Knowledge and Essential Critical Skills/Expertise
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service to customers and
Team Members at all times.
- Extensive knowledge of meat cuts and cooking techniques with an
understanding of cutting meat into sub-primal categories. Skilled
in cutting whole chicken into standard parts; and advanced cuts for
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
- Must be organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task and assist customers while
completing necessary duties within the department.
- Must be able to read and follow both written and verbal
instruction from the Meat and Seafood Manager and other store
- Must demonstrate manual dexterity with potentially hazardous
equipment (knives, miscellaneous utensils, etc.)
- Ability to learn and use a Falcon hand-held computer scanner
and food scale.
- Demonstrated ability in knife handling, other cutting equipment
and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of living conditions of animals and ability to
educate the public on these issues.
- Ability to explain various cooking techniques.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include nights,
weekends and holidays. Flexibility to support sister stores in the
same region when business needs arise.
- Must attend work on a regular and predictable basis.
- Must complete assigned tasks in a safe manner and in a constant
state of alertness.
- Must uphold Company policies, including the anti-harassment
- Must work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors,
coworkers, customers and the public.
- Must uphold the highest standard of integrity, honesty and
- Must work effectively and efficiently under stressful
- Must be able to work varying shifts, including overtime.
- 1 3 years meat cutting experience preferred.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired
through levels of education and experience, however, any equivalent
combination of education and/or experience, which provide an
applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to
perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is
- Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer
- Will stand and be on ones feet during scheduled work
- May work in environments of extreme cold and extreme heat.
- May be exposed to odors, fumes, smoke and loud noise associated
with working in a kitchen environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (In the event an item
weighs over 50 pounds the Team Member should have another member of
the team help lift the item).
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat.
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads.
- Must be able to stand and be on ones feet the majority of the
Keywords: Earth Fare, Inc, Newport News , Meat Cutter, Other , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!