Company: Williamsburg Physical Therapy
Location: Newport News
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Performance Coach promotes all Performance brand features
through training, communication, and customer service including
safety; intensity; variation; individualized, sport and team
specific programming; and assessment-based training programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides strength, speed, agility and conditioning programs to
athletes and fitness enthusiasts of all ages and levels. Programs
include sports performance, team training; personal, semi-private,
and small group functional training.
- Implement new training methods, programs and protocols.
- Develop and execute camps, clinics and off site training.
- Execute Performance assessments and evaluations.
- Assist in the development and presentation of adult fitness and
boot camp programs.
- Assist in development of sport and individual specific
- Track workouts and client interactions in Mind Body Online
- Participate in community events that promote the field of
performance training as well as goodwill toward the community.
- Establish working relationship with administration, marketing,
physical therapy, and other coaches
- Communicate effectively with clients (to include athletes,
coaches, parents, and team officials), ensure timely follow
- Inform directors of scheduling needs and commit to professional
- Create a professional, safe and fun environment.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of
- Conduct follow up calls to prospects.
Required Education, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science or a related field
(Health Promotion, Kinesiology, and Sports Medicine)
- Must possess a NCCA accredited personal training or strength
and conditioning certification. The below are preferred:
- NSCA- CSCS *strongly preferred
- ACSM - CPT or HFS
- NASM - CPT
ACE - CPT
- Knowledge of sports performance training, speed development,
movement mechanics, assessment, evaluation and injury
- Commitment to continued education and to further experiences
and abilities in the sports performance field
- Training philosophy that emphasizes functional, scientific,
- Ability to integrate Sports medicine, clinical knowledge,
assessment and or clinical recommendations into performance
- Must be a self motivator with a high sense of integrity, have
good business acumen, and ability to interact with coworkers,
clients and professionals
- Must be inspiring, creative and a team player
- Ability to integrate and maintain an athletic mentality and
- Ability to relate positively with customers and employees to
develop positive relationships
- Ability to effectively and concisely communicate thoughts and
information verbally and in writing.
- Ability to complete goals and activities with established or
tight time frames.
- Demonstrate a fit image that represents a commitment to a
physically active and healthy lifestyle.
- Possess background in fitness, strength and conditioning
training and/or coaching
- Experience working with athletes and /or fitness clients
- High level of competitive athletic experience strongly
Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 50lbs
Ability to grasp and hold up to 50lbs
Ability to hear and understand normal voice level communications
in person or through the telephone.
Ability to speak clearly and understandably.
- Basic vision corrected.
Keywords: Williamsburg Physical Therapy, Newport News , Performance Coach, Other , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!