Guest Services Representative
Company: Newport Hospitality Group
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Hotel Guest Services Representative at the Courtyard by
Marriott Yorktown is responsible for providing and promoting a high
level of guest service from reception at the front desk to guest
checkout. The Representative must have a working knowledge of all
hospitality services including front office, night audit, and
reservations management. He/She will work to ensure a 100% level of
guest satisfaction by acting as the main point-of-contact for all
guest requirements and requests throughout the period of stay. The
ideal candidate for this position has a high school diploma
(advanced education/coursework desired); previous hotel/hospitality
or customer service experience; one year experience with front desk
or customer-facing role (e.g., cashier, sales); upbeat and friendly
interpersonal skills; and a sincerely helpful demeanor.
- Smile and continuously project a helpful attitude.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all
- Stay current on all emergency procedures and acts
- Greet and register guests and provide room assignments,
accommodating special requests whenever possible, assist in the
pre-registration and blocking of reservations.
- Have working knowledge of reservations procedures, sell
reservations (be an order maker, not an order taker), and know
cancellation procedures and Walk Policy.
- Handle guest check-ins and check-outs efficiently, in a
friendly and professional manner.
- Provide information to all guests in a courteous and
informative manner; Will not volunteer information about guests or
associates - only indicate whether or not they can be reached.
- Handle complaints courteously. When necessary, relay through
supervisor for appropriate action and enter in the follow up
- Handle lost and found by taking relevant messages and
completing Lost and Found form and directing to proper
- Communicate with incoming shift by logging pertinent
information in the front office log.
- Ensure that all cash, checks, and miscellaneous departments are
in balance at the end of each shift.
- Complete appropriate shift checklist daily.
- Keep housekeeping informed of any special requests, late
checkouts, and special need areas in the hotel.
- Answer and transfer all incoming calls in a timely and friendly
- Receive and transmit mail, phone calls, and written messages
for guests (in absence of voice mail system).
- Answer inquires pertaining to hotel services, shopping, dining,
entertainment, and travel directions.
- Assist guests in obtaining information. Call airlines,
rent-a-car, companies, etc.
- Post room charges, food and beverage charges, phone charges,
and compute guest bills using PMS.
- Collect payments and make changes for hotel guests following
all handling procedures as required.
- Ensure adequate key cards are available for assignment of guest
- Attend to special service requests including securing of guest
valuables in safety deposit boxes.
- Assure that complimentary amenities are delivered to VIP's at
the time required.
- Promote repeat business by offering to take future reservations
upon checkout and by providing recommendations for alternate NHG
- Keep the front office area neat, clean, and free of safety
- Maintain knowledge of the hotel, hotel team, hotel services
with hours of operations, room locations, types of rooms and room
selling strategies, hotel rates and discounts, hotel credit and
check cashing policies and procedures, and know how to handle
- Responsible for proper telephone etiquette.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the hotel's PMS. Has
understanding of in-house computers and monitors computer accuracy
to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Be aware of new potential sales contacts through guest
interaction and report the information to the Sales
- Wear proper uniform and name tag at all times in accordance
with the standards of appearance.
- Contribute to and support the hospitality programs and training
seminars to ensure their success, continue to practice skills
- Attend monthly front office meetings.
- Perform required tasks, including, but not limited to, those
contained in the Minimum Performance Standards set by NHG.
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established
by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in
the NHG Employee Handbook.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma (advanced education/coursework
- One year experience in a customer service role.
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Strong computer and Internet skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Professionalism beyond reproach
- Pleasant and helpful demeanor
- Outstanding moral, ethical character
- Fluent English-speaking and writing skills
- Physical stamina to stand on feet throughout shift
Keywords: Newport Hospitality Group, Newport News , Guest Services Representative, Other , Yorktown, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!