Sales Associate - Store Associate
Company: Batteries Plus, LLC
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Come join our customer-oriented, frequently fast-paced work
environment with opportunities for skills, knowledge, benefit and
Consultatively sell batteries, light bulbs and accessory items
to retail and commercial customers. Pleasantly engage customers,
listen to what they have to say about their batteries/systems and
lighting needs, and recommend solutions. Perform battery tests,
installations, and battery pack rebuilds. Contribute as a Team
Member to the overall success of the store. Associates must be able
to lift 50 + pounds, should have a valid driver's license, and must
have access to reliable transportation.
Integrity, reliability, helpful/courteous customer orientation,
product knowledge, sales skills, and a friendly Team orientation
are critical factors in the success of our business and of our
Customer Service / Sales
- While working: Live a "Customer First" mentality
- Perform Customer Service / Sales duties.
- Greet customers promptly, determine needs and answer
- Suggest needed sales add-on items, participate in retail store
and commercial sales activities to achieve sales goals.
- Ask questions to identify potential commercial customers.
- Operate computer/cash register to initiate and complete sales
- Answer phones, assist callers, and ensure messages are relayed
in a timely, accurate manner.
- Maintain the facility, inventory, property, and customer
service levels to management standards.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of product and service
- Adhere to general and specific safety standards
- Engage as a "can-do" team member. Proactively follow through on
commitments and/or tasks needing to be performed.
Merchandising / Inventory
- Rotate and stock inventory; perform inventory counts as
- Install batteries, perform tests and tech work.
- Load, unload, and deliver or arrange delivery of products.
- Organize daily recovery of displays to achieve full store
- Maintain retail shelf label pricing.
- Build displays; setting up & taking down shelves and
- Prepare store for daily opening and closing.
- H.S. diploma/equivalent and 6 months prior work experience
preferred or equivalent combination of education and
- Prior retail experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to gain quick and solid understanding of company's
products, processes, point of sale, and cross reference
- Good listening and verbal communication skills with a customer
- Must possess and use organizational and analytical problem
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks to effectively
prioritize, follow up, and meet deadlines with multiple tasks and
- Ability to calculate simple math, percents, ratios and
algebraic expressions and read gauges.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and or technical experience
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
At Batteries Plus Bulbs, you are part of a small entrepreneurial
team in a growing business. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
and Drug Free Workplace
Our benefits vary based on length of employment, but may include
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Training and Development
- Bonus plans
- Employee Discount
Keywords: Batteries Plus, LLC, Newport News , Sales Associate - Store Associate, Other , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!