We are seeking a Software Development Technical Lead for our
program located in our Newport News, VA office. In this role, you
will lead an Agile development team in order to successfully
support all programs with the design, creation, maintenance, and
testing of .NET web applications using C#, Entity Framework, and MS
SQL Server. As the Technical Lead, you will also provide technical
and team leadership through coaching and mentorship. The successful
candidate will be detail-oriented and a highly motivated
self-starter with a demonstrated experience to successfully lead a
Due to current COVID-19 safer-at-home directives, this
opportunity does have the option for temporary telework until the
work/travel restrictions have been lifted. Once cleared to return
to work on site, in-person reporting will be required to work on
location in Newport News, VA.
* Guide team development efforts towards successful project
* Directly manage a team of 5+
* Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and
* Maintain high standards of software quality using software
development best practices and automated testing
* Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within
* Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts
and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and
maintain web- and desktop-based business applications built on
* Collaborate with customer system admins to resolve operational
* Collaborate with government customers on requirements
* Provide feedback on development processes to drive continuous
* Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the
status, operation and maintenance of software.
* Package and support deployment of releases.
* Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
* Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering
solutions on-time and on-budget
* 25% travel
* Bachelor's degree in a corresponding field related to Computer
Science and minimum 8-12 years of related experience. Additional
years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
* Previous experience with one or more of the following
technologies: C#, ASP.NET, Ajax, JQuery, Web Services (SOAP/REST),
CSS, HTML, and SQL.
* Previous experience with source control system (Git, SVN,
BitBucket or similar)
* Previous experience with automated test frameworks (Katalon,
Selenium or similar)
* Experience writing and maintaining unit and automated
* Knowledge/experience with common SDLCs.
* Ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
* Security+ certification (active) or be able to obtain within 3
months upon hire
* Leadership experience
* Prior experience in a technical leadership position
* Entity Framework or similar ORM.
* Continuous Integration, Configuration Management.
* Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) Management (Apache Active MQ or
* Technical Writing.
* Agile / Scrum SDLC.
* Past Intelligence Systems experience.
* Experience with Test Driven Development
* Some system administration experience
* Experience with Jira, Confluence
* Active TS SCI clearance
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and
science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's
toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland
security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees
support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of
approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3,
2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's
why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of
the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include
competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income
Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information
at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will
communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a
Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be
from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other
personal information, please report the email to [email
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national
origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family
structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or
military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will
also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with relevant laws.