Entertainment Technician (Makeup Lead)
Company: Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Posted on: June 9, 2021
get to do:
• With guidance from the Costume Production Supervisor, rendering
makeup maps for Mazes and Terror-Tories
• Create lists and inventories of makeup for ordering
• Train makeup technicians in approved HOS designs
• Applying makeup on approximately 10-15 people per shift, in
30-minute increments while also overseeing the other makeup
• Applying makeup for our Howl-O-Scream Terror-Tories and monitor
the makeup for the Maze performers. This includes all specialty
makeup and may extend into Show areas.
• Delivering all makeup to venues to be prepared for the
• Keeping a hygienic workspace.
• Maintaining the approved HOS makeup designs.
• Following all protocol for washing and caring for brushes and
• Performing daily operational duties to assist the costume
department to include covering open positions, communicating makeup
changes, schedule changes and other details and sharing information
with co-workers and management.
• May spend any additional time in the costume shop learning
costume related skills.
• Responsibility for maintaining quality standards, through
assigned tasks, special events and show positions.
• Maintaining park cleanliness, maintenance and safety standards
through all assigned tasks.
What it takes to succeed:
• 2 years minimum makeup application experience required (SFX
• Must have FULL AVAILABILITY on Friday, Saturday, and Sundays from
September 1-November 1, 2021.
• College degree in Theatre or related discipline (preferred but
• Must have the ability to apply multiple, pre-designed looks.
• Must have experience with airbrush application and
• Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
• Must be able to stand, sit or walk for extended periods up to
five hours, several times per shift.
• Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
• Must be able to work in environment with atmospheric effects
(fog, smoke, haze, mist,etc.)
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Wacom tablets a plus
• Experience with costumes and wigs a plus.
• Please prepare a portfolio or photo examples of your work
Keywords: Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Newport News , Entertainment Technician (Makeup Lead), Other , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!