Career Services Advisor
Company: Medical Careers Institute
Location: Newport News
Posted on: June 10, 2021
During these unprecedented times, one thing at ECPI University
is for certain - our commitment and focus to our students and their
ECPI University is a growing student-centered college which
seeks hands-on professionals to join our Career Services team.
Career Services Advisors work closely with ECPI's recent
graduates, alumni and students to optimize their career
- Provide one-on-one coaching to ECPI graduates in all aspects of
their job search initiatives including personal marketing, resume
writing, and interview skills
- Participate and provide support in student focused Career
Services events and seminars.
- Interview students and graduates to assist in strategizing for
their professional job search.
- Provide excellent customer service to students, graduates and
- Maintain student information files in accordance with all
school and company policies and procedures, all applicable federal,
state regulations and all accrediting agencies standards and
- Initiates, develops and manages business partnerships with
employers to establish career opportunity leads and networking
opportunities for ECPI University recent graduates, alumni and
- Actively and routinely seeks employer feedback and researches
industry trends; builds and maintains strong relationships.
- Assists employers in the prescreening process and coordination
- Coordinates employer visits, on-campus recruiting events, job
fairs, networking events and career development workshops.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- 2-3 years of related experience- recruiting, staffing, business
to business sales, career coaching.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or
- Must be self-motivated, goal oriented and have a sense of
- Strong internet search and networking skills; proficiency in
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle a high pressure environment with significant
- Ability to work independently and with a team as well as with
- Desire to help others be successful in finding employment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to serve as a role model for students and
- Ability to coach and provide guidance to students and
- Excellent customer service skills; to include the ability to
effectively follow up and follow through.
- Ability to conduct business with attention to ethical
considerations, University policies and procedures, employment law
and accreditation guidelines.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina,
South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in
awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to
meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI
University offers Master's, Bachelor's, and Associate's degrees,
and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business,
Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI
University has been helping students achieve their educational and
career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while
working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have
the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our
university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who
are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
- A focus on students and academic excellence
- Professional work environment
- Talented and committed co-workers
- An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your
knowledge, skills and professional network
- Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Medical Careers Institute, Newport News , Career Services Advisor, Other , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!