Business Development Director
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Overview: Business Development Director
Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg, 3800 Treyburn Drive,
Williamsburg, VA 23185
At Brookdale Senior Living we are passionate about serving
Our goal is simple. We want to be the best provider of senior care
in the nation and in the Williamsburg area. To be the best, we want
to hire the best. We are looking for difference makers,
compassionate leaders and purpose-driven people.
As a Business Development Director, you will have the
opportunity to advance your career by providing support to the
local senior living community by:
• Creating and implementing effective business development plans
that will have a direct impact on our occupancy goals throughout
• Assist the sales and marketing staff with maintaining great
relations with local businesses as well as developing new business
relationships within the Williamsburg area
• Provide progress reports to the Sales & Marketing Director on
established business development goals
• Research and provide information on competitor issues that would
affect the occupancy of the local Brookdale communities
Required skills and qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field
* Two years of sales/marketing experience in related industry; or
equivalent combination of experience and education
* Must be familiar with the local market
* Strong business development & relationship building skills; cold
calling & networking
* Professional contacts in the market a plus!
* Must have a valid driver's license and reliable automobile
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses,
incentive, or commission plans. Responsibilities: Provides
strategy, support and vision to the Sales & Marketing Directors in
a specified Market Area (MA) to achieve sales and occupancy goals
through effective Business Development efforts. Focuses on business
development for multiple communities; typically in a geographic
cluster or major market (M3). Represents the company as the leader
in Senior Living to all referral sources. Keeps abreast of any
competitor issues that would affect occupancy in the
- Provides strategy, support and vision to the Director of Sales
& Marketing in a specified Market Area (MA) to achieve sales and
occupancy goals through effective Business Development
- Creates business development plans and engages in business
development activities and events for the Market Area.
- Schedules networking meetings on a regular basis to meet or
exceed established departmental goals.
- Visits local hospitals for all communities on a weekly basis.
Meets with residents as directed by the Director of Sales &
Marketing or Executive Director.
- Visits with competitors on a quarterly basis. Creates and
updates competitive analyses on a quarterly basis. Serves as main
contact for all competitive issues that would affect
- Utilizes all communities for networking meetings and events
(rotate throughout communities).
- Creates and maintains special events calendar for the Market
Area. Develops and organizes Market Area events to meet established
monthly goals. Serves as the primary contact for area events.
- Communicates any new leads to the appropriate community.
- Keeps up to date with Innovative Senior Care Services and
utilizes local Therapists at the communities for Business
- Provides support at any Market Community if needed.
- Keeps the Director of Sales & Marketing updated on all business
development activities on weekly basis. Provides information
relevant to pricing, terms, policy and marketing strategy.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field and a
minimum of three to five years sales experience in a related
industry; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Two years of sales and marketing management experience is
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special
Reliable car transportation with insurance, plus a valid driver's
license is required. Home office required.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
moderately complex problems based on precedent, example,
reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a
thorough understanding of the organization and work environment.
Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Excellent written
and oral communication skills are essential. Windows environment
computer skills are required. (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.,
preferred). Effective organizational skills are a must.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 10 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Newport News , Business Development Director, Other , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!