Entertainment Costumes (Stitcher)
Company: Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Posted on: June 11, 2021
get to do:
• Participates as an integral contributor to the Entertainment
Costuming and Crafts Department.
• Executes Park, Show and Event Seamstress and Laundry Projects as
assigned. Interprets designs and patterns, occasional costume
cutting and pattern drafting responsibility as assigned.
• Construct, fit, alter, and repair all show, event, culinary actor
and actress costumes and soft goods.
• Collaborates with Entertainment Production/Operations, Theatrical
Services and Theming teams to achieve project goals and objectives
including fittings, rehearsals and dress parades.
• Works with outside Costuming and Crafts contractors as
• Works with the Costuming and Crafts request process. Assist with
archiving daily show costume repairs and inventory. Assist with
swatch and measuring fabrics as assigned.
• Works with the Costuming and Crafts Project timelines to ensure
park and departmental goals and objectives are obtained. Schedules
are flexible. Black-out dates must be met.
• Works with Costuming and Crafts supplies, equipment and systems.
Participate in conducting shop inventories and Advise leadership of
results. Assists with laundry tasks including pulling costumes,
pick-ups, deliveries, hand laundry, dry cleaning receiving stocking
and inventory on rail-ex system.
• Maintains the quality assurance of the Costuming and Crafts
product and support areas.
• Follows department and park safety guidelines, including the
proper use of PPE.
• Participates in the Costuming and Crafts department training
• Participates in other duties as assigned that support park and
departmental goals and objectives.
What it takes to succeed:
• Proven Artistic skills; strong communication skills; positive
attitude; team player; collaboration skills; problem solving
skills, organization skills and flexible schedules.
• 5 years expert sewing and wardrobe/costume construction
experience, including design interpretation, costume build
responsibilities and specialty crafts and laundry skills.
• Busch Gardens or other Theme park experience preferred
• Valid VA Driver’s License.
• Experience with:
- Costume build materials
- Costume build equipment
- Fabric, trims and notions
- Costume Shop Hand Tools
- Computer Programs
The perks of the position:
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced
environment and great teammates, as well as:
• FREE park admission
• Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and
• Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
Join the team!
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your
abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry
leader, we’re looking for you!
Keywords: Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Newport News , Entertainment Costumes (Stitcher), Other , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!