Secondary Instructional Support-Newport News: In-Person
Company: University Instructors, Inc.
Location: Newport News
Posted on: November 16, 2021
University Instructors is seeking face-to-face middle/high school
teachers and tutors to support our elementary and middle school
students within the Newport News Public Schools District . The
tutor will be responsible for providing exceptional instruction,
student mentorship and subject matter expertise in ELA/Math/Science
Start Date: November 2021
* Please note that UI, in consideration of the pandemic and in
accordance with national health guidance, strongly encourages all
employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. For in-person
placements, preference will be given to candidates who can show
proof of vaccination. Applicants who are not vaccinated will be
considered for comparable remote or virtual positions if available.
All employees will be required to comply with all CDC, federal,
state, and local guidelines regarding mitigating the spread of
* Familiarity with learning platforms and course content,
structure, and style within ELA/Math/Science.
* Engage with students in a friendly and professional manner
requesting information about the course, activity, and/or specific
content so they can quickly serve the student's needs.
* Respond to student questions in a positive, supportive manner,
giving as detailed explanations as possible.
* Guide the student through content and/or process without
answering the question for them.
* Be vigilant to signs that the student is asking for help on
assessment (quizzes and test) questions and setting the expectation
with students that tutors will not confirm answers but can help
clarify what the assessment questions is asking, provide parallel
problems, or guide the student back to course content.
* Redirect students to their teacher (when applicable) for
questions relating to their specific course.
* Seek guidance from the advisors/program manager by escalating
content questions and sharing chat transcripts for evaluation and
* Other duties as assigned
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
* Adheres to the professional teaching obligations and be a subject
* Fosters a positive and motivating environment for students.
* Provide student feedback in a manner that supports learning.
* Actively listens and delivers information in a clear, compelling
and concise manner.
* Attention to detail when typing with minimal spelling,
punctuation, and grammatical errors.
* Ability to multitask between multiple students and courses.
* Regular and predictable attendance.
* Must be local to the Hampton Roads area.
Education and/or Experience:
* Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum of two years of experience working in secondary
University Instructors, LLC is an equal opportunity employer
Keywords: University Instructors, Inc., Newport News , Secondary Instructional Support-Newport News: In-Person, Other , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!