Security Officer @ Historic Powhatan Resort
Company: Diamond Resorts
Posted on: November 17, 2021
JOB SUMMARY Under general supervision, the Security Officer is
responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all
team members, members, owners and guests. While following and
enforcing all company policies and procedures. ESSENTIAL JOB
- Conducts patrols of the common areas, offices, work and storage
areas, as well as being observant and reporting any safety or
- Responsible for operating and monitoring all security equipment
to include radios, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE), master keys and the resort---s key card
- Responsible for logging all hard keys, visitor badges, parking
passes, as well as lost and found property according to the company
policy and procedure.
- Provides continuous professionalism and courtesy with every
guest and team member interaction.
- Conducts preliminary investigations and obtains all
information, photographs, statements and evidence for incident
- Responsible for maintaining CPR/AED certification.
- Responsible for completing all incident and/ or injury reports
for submission to risk management HR and resort management in a
- Identifies and assists management with trespassing problematic
guests, visitors or team members.
- Maintains confidentiality of all security related matters at
- Participates and assists management, as well as first
responders in emergency situations.
- Conducts inspections of, and responsible for notifying
management if any deficiencies are found with the security
department---s vehicles or equipment.
- Escorts team members or vendors through secure areas.
- Conducts key and safe assists as assigned.
- Acts as a witness to cash drops.
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all
policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. EDUCATION
- High School Diploma or equivalent. EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of six (6) months of experience in the customer
service field required.
- No prior supervisory experience required. SUPERVISORY
- This position does not include supervisory experience. LICENSE
- CPR/AED Certification (Adult, Infant, and Child Rescue).
- First Aid Certification.
- Driver---s License (non-commercial) --- must be state specific.
SKILLS & ABILITIES This position requires the capability to
understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as
knowledge and usage of correct business English and office
practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others,
analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working
relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external
customers. Specific skills and abilities include, but are not
limited to the following:
- Ability to prepare reports and written correspondence.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and
manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to
- Recognizes an emergency situation and take appropriate
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets.
- Able to use sound judgement; work independently, with minimal
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one
task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines
and/or established timeframes.
- Competent in public speaking.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Please note that Hilton Grand Vacations
(HGV) acquired Diamond Resorts International (DRI) as of August 02,
2021. If you apply to work at a Diamond Resorts company you will be
an applicant of a subsidiary of HGV. A transition to HGV will occur
as we integrate technology, systems and branding but it will take
time until our separate operating systems, employment policies and
benefits are fully integrated. As a result, for a period of time,
employees will receive correspondence and messaging from Diamond
Resorts as well as from HGV and related entities.
Keywords: Diamond Resorts, Newport News , Security Officer @ Historic Powhatan Resort, Other , Williamsburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!