Life Enrichment Assistant
Company: Charter Senior Living - Newport News
Location: Newport News
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Life Enrichment Assistant
--Why Charter Senior Living?
"I believe in the Charter Mission.-- To Enhance the Human Spirit. I
do this every day as I help care for our residents.-- They may need
extra help throughout the day, but I know during these times that I
am enhancing their spirit.-- I feel honored to make such a
difference in someone's life!"-- ---Charter Senior Living
Offering Health Insurance for Full Time Associates--
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Perfect Attendance bonus offered monthly- Earn an extra $100
per month (after taxes).----
- Health Insurance--
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Resident Referral Bonus
Your potential is unlimited.-- As a small boutique company, we are
committed to helping each of our Associates have more than just a
"job".-- We want each of our associates to feel like they have a
career and an opportunity to grow. Learn more about Charter and how
you can become part of an organization that is committed to the
future of their Associates.
--The Life Enrichment Assistant will assist the Life Enrichment
Director with the planning and implementation of the day to day
social, educational, recreational, spiritual and therapeutic
individual and group activities as listed on the activity calendar.
Provide assistance to transport residents to activities in the
building and on van outings.
Other:-- Willing to work shift assigned, weekends, and holidays.--
Ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
problem-solving, conflict management, budgeting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead large groups, small groups, and one-on-one activities
throughout the day.
- Effectively encourage and actively promote residents to
participate in activities.
- Visit and encourage each resident each day.
- Handle all resident's concerns and complaints with finesse and
in a caring, polite, and professional manner.
- Communicate and channel to director and nurses all residents,
personnel, and other matters and information that could be of
concern in relation to the health and mental state of
- Promote a thorough and continuous understanding among all
employees the importance of activities to the quality of life for
- Assist and cover for absent staff members as requested and when
- Attendance to all required classes and staff meetings as
- Assist family members with their concerns (look for lost items,
direct them to nurse or person for needed information).
- To pick up after activities and put items away, including the
moving of furniture.
- Oversee that all residents have access to activities at all
- Assist with directing volunteers when working with residents
- Perform such other tasks as may be required from
- Exposure to blood/body fluid not likely
- Push, pull, and lift at least 50 pounds. Must be able to stand,
walk, stoop and/or bend for periods of up to eight hours with
breaks as provided for in the employee handbook. Frequent
transporting of residents in a wheelchair.
- Must possess a current state-specific driver's license and CDL
if applicable. Must possess a clean driving record that will be
approved by the Company's insurance carrier and the Company's
standards. Annual driving record checks will be performed to ensure
consistent and safe driving patterns are met.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Charter Senior Living - Newport News, Newport News , Life Enrichment Assistant, Other , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!