Order Fulfillment Clerk
Company: Smithfield Foods, Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Order Fulfillment Clerk Requisition # 2021-20397
Job Locations US-VA-Toano
FLSA Status Hourly
Shift 1st Shift
Job Locations US-VA-Toano Your Opportunity The Order Fulfillment
Clerk is responsible for ensuring all orders received from various
sales channels are processed in a timely and accurate manner, daily
audit reports are run and distributed to appropriate
individuals/areas in order to trouble shoot order issues, as well
as maintaining current and forecasted product needs. Core
- Process and pick tickets for catalog,
wholesale & retail; enter work orders & production for the DC.
- Run daily reports for catalog & wholesale such as short stock
report to assure everything on the order ships on the date
designated; troubleshoot any issues.
- Distribute daily short ship report for catalog and
- Distribute forecast report on a weekly basis to wholesale sales
team advising of upcoming orders that are missing product.
- Export all catalog orders to UPS machines for each batch of
pick tickets; process all returns and RMAs received.
- Manage open order report daily to ensure all sales orders for
the day are in a closed status; troubleshoot where needed.
- Import all files for catalog each day.
- Works with internal customers to document and track carrier
- Utilizes continuous improvement mindset, assists in identifying
opportunities to improve processes.
- Acts as a backup to other distribution personnel when
necessary.The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. May perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-2 years of data entry or administrative experience.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal
- Previous experience working in a shipping environment where
processing of customer orders was completed preferred.
- Strong problem solving, math, and analytical skills.
- Computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office, SAP
and other office equipment.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced setting and effectively
work in a team environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
environment. Work Environment & Physical Demands The physical
demands and work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee should possess to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of the time is spent in an office or within the
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can
be loud when in the production area.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision,
distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability
to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or
feel, and talk or hear. Careers and Benefits To learn more about
Smithfield's benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
PEOPLE MATTER More than 63,000 employees globally drive our
success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work
environment. GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT Working at Smithfield isn't just
a job - it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training
designed to help you advance professionally.
BENEFITS Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent,
comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
SUSTAINABILITY PLEDGE Sustainability is ingrained in our culture
and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the
About Smithfield Foods Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936,
Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with
agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 43,000 U.S. team members
and 16,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good
food. Responsibly." and have made us one of the world's leading
vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered
sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our
industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S.
company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across
our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of
protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of
millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield
boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as
Smithfield, Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others. For
more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with
us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. EEO/AA Information
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace
diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected
veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other
protected group status or non-job related characteristic as
directed by law. Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? Connect with
us for general consideration. CategoryOrder ClerksEducationHigh
School or EquivalentExperience1 to 2 yearsJob typeFull time
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Inc, Newport News , Order Fulfillment Clerk, Other , Toano, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!