Crew - Newport News - 23606
Location: Newport News
Posted on: January 6, 2022
SONIC DRIVE-IN JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION: CREW MEMBER
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: MANAGER ON DUTY
STATUS: HOURLY, NON-EXEMPT
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: Prepares quality food in a clean,
safe, and efficient manner so that guests will have an enjoyable
experience at the Sonic Drive-In.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Performs all duties in the Basic Stations (Fountain & Frozen,
Dresser, Front Swamp, Back Swamp, Grill, Switchboard, Expeditor,
Food Prep, and if applicable, Drive-Thru) as needed and depending
on store volume, during a shift to ensure that preparation (portion
control), temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, taste
and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
2. Operates switchboard and records customer order, repeats order
in a clear and understandable manner.
3. Operates Drive-Thru window and sales register and makes accurate
change quickly and efficiently.
4. Prepares fountain drinks and ice cream items.
5. Prepares food by cutting and chopping food items and cooking on
grill or in fryers.
6. Prepares food orders efficiently within 2-3 minute time
7. Packages all menu items into bags or trays and places drink
orders into drink carriers.
8. Serves food to customers in an efficient manner in the
Drive-Thru and as necessary when working in other Basic
9. Moves food product weighing up to 50 lbs into freezer and
shelves stacked from floor to ceiling.
10. Routinely disposes of trash by transporting bags outside and
11. Cleans all areas of drive-in, including mopping, sweeping,
washing dishes, wiping counter-tops and emptying used grease.
12. Performs frequent washing and sanitizing of: food areas, food
preparation tools, and hands.
Displays the importance of placing guests' needs first on a
Responds to guests requests in a respectful manner. Promptly
reports complaints to a member of the drive-in management team.
Wears required uniform and appropriate personal protective
equipment as outlined in the Sonic Drive-In operations manual.
Performs other job related duties as assigned or required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Effective communication skills
Basic math and basic reading skills
Ability to follow directions
Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
Complies with all Sonic Drive-In Policies and Procedures, and all
health and sanitation laws and regulations.
Successfully completes and follows requirements of all STAR
certification and other Sonic Drive-In training programs.
Continuous standing, bending, stooping, lifting, stretching and
frequent over-head lifting will be required when staging, preparing
or packaging menu items and/or cleaning.
General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or
retail operations preferred, but not required.
ENVIRONMENT: Frequent exposure to heat and hot liquid shortening
while cooking. Frequent exposure to freezer when stocking food
items. Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures based on
variable weather conditions.
SONIC MISSION STATEMENT: To become America's most-loved restaurant
SONIC CORE VALUES
At Sonic, we value:
Respect for everyone touched by the Sonic brand.
Entrepreneurial spirit and the power of the individual.
Importance of relationships as a way of life.
Doing different, special and better things to surprise and delight
touched by the Sonic brand.
Keywords: sonic, Newport News , Crew - Newport News - 23606, Other , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!