Meter Reader (Sign on bonus - $2,500) - 6100217
Company: Utility Partners of America, LLC
Location: Newport News
Posted on: January 9, 2022
* Sign on bonus of $2,500* *Sign on bonus of $2,500* *Sign on
bonus of $2,500*Company BackgroundUtility Partners of America (UPA)
is a utility contractor offering a full suite of services to the
utility sector nationwide. UPA was founded in 1997 and currently
employs more than 1,000 full-time service men and women serving
utilities across the country. UPA prides itself on excellence in
operations, safe work practices, quality control, customer service
and schedule management that maximizes customer satisfaction.SMART,
RELIABLE, UTILITY SOLUTIONS-Utility Partners of America (UPA), a
full-service utility contractor is seeking highly motivated and
safety- conscious individuals to join its team as a Meter Reader in
the Newport News, Virginia area. This is a great opportunity to
learn a trade and join a growing company with full benefits.
Benefits include paid training, company phone, and company
vehicle.**Full Time and Part Time positions
- Must have strong communications skills, verbal and
- Represents the company in a professional manner.
- The technician is expected to safely and efficiently organize
the predetermined daily route as established by our client to
ensure timely completion.
- Reads may be obtained visually or with automated meter read
- Accurately read and record electric, gas and/or water
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work alone 90% of
the time while still being part of a local team.
- Follow all company safety, quality, and operational policies
- Must be able to work with handheld electronic devices; able to
work outdoors and withstand the regional seasonal weather.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work; and able to
maintain consistent attendance on required workdays.
- Must pass employment background, drug screen and remain drug
free, have a clean driver's license.
- Follow standard operating procedures and company
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans offered.
- Vehicle & Phone provided during working hour use.
- Paid Training, Uniforms, and Tools provided.
- Hiring bonus after 90 days of employment.UPA is an equal
opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their protected veteran or disabled statusJob
Types: Full-time & Part Time available, ContractPay: $14.50 - 15.00
per hour**Various incentive plans in place to allow for additional
income based on individual performance**Disclosure effective
11/8/2021 - In order to receive the sign on bonus, a Signing Bonus
Agreement must be signed, on or about the first week of employment
with UPA. Details of the sign on bonus will be discussed at the
time of signing. Previous UPA employees are not eligible to
participate in this promotion.**UPA employees working for utilities
are considered "Essential Workers" and typically do not experience
downtime due to COVID-19.**
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- US work authorization (Required)
Keywords: Utility Partners of America, LLC, Newport News , Meter Reader (Sign on bonus - $2,500) - 6100217, Other , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!