Company: BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse
Location: Newport News
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Open interviews conducted daily - Walk-ins WelcomeNOW HIRING -
Take Out Team MembersPart Time, Full TimeHiring ImmediatelyWHAT WE
- Diverse Culture
- Team Member Dining Discounts
- Comprehensive benefits* - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and 401 K
- Vacation - paid time off*
- Career Advancement OpportunitiesBenefits and vacation
eligibility based on number of hours worked. Part-time Team Members
must meet minimum average of 30+ hours per week.Take Out Team
Members are responsible for providing Gold Standard service and
hospitality to every take out Guest. Take Out Team Members are
service oriented, team players who represent our value of Gracious
Hospitality to our Guest by providing positive Guest interactions
while serving them in a friendly and efficient manner. The Take Out
Team Member will have a thorough knowledgeable of all aspects of
BJ's menu, handcrafted beverages, wine list, specialty drinks and
prices to enable them to make recommendations that enhances the
Guest experience, allowing them to fully enjoy the vast and diverse
menu choices we offer.Duties include but not limited to:
- Perform station opening/closing duties on each shift.
- Uses proper BJ's telephone etiquette to answer and direct
- Set up/break down and continual maintenance of Take out and
- Take Guests order in person or by phone in friendly and
courteous manner following all Take out Service Execution steps,
recommending Curbside Service to all call-in orders.
- Make suggestions and give Guests options based on through
knowledge of BJ's food and beverage menu.
- Handle POS system quickly and efficiently.
- Package all take out items correctly and efficiently according
to BJ's guidelines, double checking that all food is made and
packaged properly, and all items ordered are accounted for.
- Speak to guests to ensure satisfaction with food, drinks and
- Present bills, accept payments, operates POS system, uphold
strict cash handling procedures and accountability for all
- Able to respond to guest complaints.
- Check identification of guests in order to verify age
requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies and laws, including
health and safety standards.
- Perform other duties assigned by Management staff.
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of principles for dealing directly with the
- Ability to handle cash, give change and balance cash drawer at
the end of the shift
- Physical demands of the job include but are not limited to:
- Standing and walking during entire 8-hour shift
- Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts
- Must have the ability to lift up to 60 pounds in weight on a
semi regular basisAt BJ's Restaurants & Brewhouse CRAFT Matters.Our
extensive menu includes BJ's signature deep dish pizza, salads,
steaks, ribs, generous pasta dishes, and our famous Pizookie -
dessert. And of course, everything tastes better with BJ's own
handcrafted beer!The safety of our team and guests is our top
priority. We are complying with all CDC recommendations and
We are an e-verify and equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse, Newport News , Take Out, Other , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!