HIL Systems Engineer
Company: Cameron Craig Group
Location: Newport News
Posted on: January 15, 2022
HIL Systems Engineer
Newport News, VA
Summary of the HIL Systems Engineer:
Our client, a developer of heavy truck and equipment technologies,
is looking for a HIL Systems Engineer to play a vital role to
validate/verify mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic PLC software
and associated control logic for use in large mining haul trucks.
In this role you will be responsible for developing and designing
HIL test system for mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and
electro-mechanical systems for use on large mining haul trucks.
This is an opportunity to work on advanced technology in areas such
as autonomous driving and electrification for a stable, growing
company working on their industry's advanced systems.
Responsibilities of the HIL Systems Engineer:
- Develops and designs HIL test system for mechanical,
electrical, hydraulic, and electro-mechanical systems for use on
large mining haul trucks.
- Researches solutions to optimize system designs and parameters
with analytical methods.
- Performs system calculations and/or simulations to create plant
models for HIL testing.
- Reads and follows HIL Systems procedures to perform HIL Systems
- Works with other SW developers to research and analyze the best
method to test a specific SW feature.
- Reads and interprets maintenance and operators manuals,
technical drawings, basic electrical or hydraulic schematics,
engineering specifications, and reports.
- Writes a technical report at the completion of a SW test and
provides feedback to the requesting engineer on the
- Uses PC based data analysis software to verify data integrity
and post process SW test data.
- Works independently or as a team member with other engineers,
technicians, and field service personnel to complete a HIL Systems
Qualification of the HIL Systems Engineer:
- Knowledge of HIL system principles, architecture and hardware
- HIL Hardware:
- Alternate-- ETAS
- Vector CANalyzer
- Knowledge of HIL system software tools
- HIL Software:
- Control Desk
- Automation desk
- Ability carry out the following functions:
- Simulink Plant modeling
- Integration HIL development and troubleshooting
- Wiring and schematics
- Test creation
- Automated testing
- Requirements development
- Software testing on HIL
- Creating control desk layouts
- Knowledge of embedded systems/PLC for the purposes of
facilitating tests and/or debug
- Ability to design, develop, and maintain plant models, test
cases and HIL automation scripts.
- Knowledge of industrial hydraulics, mechanical and
Compensation of the HIL Systems Engineer:
Salary Range- Up to $100,000-118,000/year, based on experience
Location- Newport News, VA
Type- Direct hire
Travel- 10% max
Relocation Assistance- Subject to review
VISA Sponsorship- No, US Citizens or Green Card Holders only
Keywords: Cameron Craig Group, Newport News , HIL Systems Engineer, Other , Newport News, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!